Drohem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello! My online name is Drohem. I've been playing roleplaying games since 1985 when I played 2nd Gamma World at lunch with my buddies. I've been hooked ever since. I collect table-top RPGs and my focus in roleplaying is table-top RPGs. I've played EverCrack and WOW, but I just don't have the time anymore computer games. I'm a stay-at-home father with a 3.5-year-old and 18-month-old daughter.

Over the last several years, I've had to game with long-time friends (over 20 years) via Skype. We all were originally from Los Angeles, CA., but several have moved away (like me) for jobs and families. It's not the same thing as face-to-face gaming, but it's the next best thing when the alternative is not gaming at all.

I've gotten into play-by-post roleplaying over the last several months. I'm still undecided on this medium of gaming. I'm running a game on playbyweb.com (4e D&D Keep on the Shadowfell Campaign) and rpol.net (3.5 D&D Temple of Elemental Evil Campaign). I have several characters on these and a couple of more PbP sites.

I've played and own may systems over the years, but the main ones are:

1st and 2nd Advanced Dungeons & Dragons
      3.x Dungeons & Dragons
      3rd GURPS
      RuneQuest III
      d20 Modern

A couple of my favorite games are Talislanta and Justifiers.

I love bi-pedal and bi-manual anthropomorphic humanoid animal races. I wouldn't consider myself a "furry" person, because it's more of a blend of the humanoid form and animal characteristics.

Anyway, I saw an advertisement blurb on rpg.net a while back, and I checked out the SHARD RPG website. The artwork blew me away and instantly sold me on this game.

When can I get my hands on it? LOL!
      "The Dude abides."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drohem ().

• Hi,

my last status is that the Game will be available Q1 2009 and that the welcome booklet pdf become available somewhen during the next few weeks.. got a very nice reply to my email on the status from Scott, and I am sure they are working on the game right now, ... but yes, the Forum really looks dead in the water...

krds, l
    • Please forgive us that neither Aaron nor myself have had the chance to be active on this forum for over a month!

We have had our hands totally full with a final editing pass to insure printing production quality... To our sadness we weren't able to get the books on the shelves by mid 2008 like we had hoped,..but we promise the wait will be worth it! Where once we had a chest of glittering coins to show you all,..I now see us having a cask of even more precious gems!!! The changes are really looking that good! I can only thank the high quality of work both technically as well as creatively coming out of my partner and our helper, without whom these edits would have been nearly impossible...

We've been revising over 700 pages of content between the three initial books we intend to publish, including a revamp of some of the character-creation sections. He and I are both dedicated to making sure you guys get the best we can put out...

We are currently shooting to have the first book (the Basic Compendium) out on the shelves by this Christmas, to be followed by the next two books (the World Guide and Magic and Martial Arts) which will provide more advanced rules and a lot more in-depth fictional backdrop, and are slated to be finished with re-edits at about the same time in Spring of 2009....

Even now I am uploading files to an FTP site that will allow me to perform the final printing for a new Welcome Booklet (with all the re-edited, correct new data) that we'll present to those who will be attending our demos at Gen Con next month! Within about a week I'll have the Welcome Booklet in Digital form back up on the main SHARD rpg site and ready for download!

Once again,....so sorry it took me awhile to respond here on the forum. And once all this slows down enough to where I can think again,..I also promise that I'll be back on the forum to help revive it out of the land of the dead into which it has sadly slipped as of late...

Take care,..and don't despair,...we not dead,...just late!

Thanks again for the interest!

Scottie ^^