Announcement Re-editing in progress, PLUS Gen Con!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re-editing in progress, PLUS Gen Con!

We've been incredibly busy as of late doing our best to go through a major re-editing process with the SHARD RPG product as a whole... With the addition of co-creator Aaron to the production pipeline (who is an excellent creative and technical writer by trade), we have been going through each of the books (starting with the Welcome Booklet and the Basic Compendium), and have really been doing an excellent job at polishing our diamond in the rough...

It's really starting to shine, and our efforts look like they will make a big difference in the reception we're hopefully going to get as we begin attending the various trade-shows and conventions we have planned...

Please check out the new download for the Welcome Booklet available on the main site (shardrpg.com) located under the main "Game" heading, and you'll get a great idea of the level of polish we are achieving with this editing pass... The rules have essentially stayed the same, but have been made MUCH clearer and easy to follow, and we've added a lot more detail to the subjects of both Magic as well as Combat...

We think you'll like what you see...

In addition to all this, Aaron and I will be heading to Gen Con in a few weeks, so if any of you happen to be attending, please stop by our booth with our publisher Studio 2, and say "hi"!

We'll be running many demos there, and the public-at-large (as far as big-time gamers go) will FINALLY be getting a taste of what we're hoping will be hitting the shelves by the end of this year!

Wish us luck!

Scottie ^^
    • Thanks Drohem! We're glad you're enjoying it....

And believe it or not,..we're actually continuing to do an update pass on the Introductory Adventure at the end of the online booklet....

But since it's not a part of the printed give-aways for the show,..it got slightly lower priority... The one you see in the download is the most recent version,...but imagine the next Introductory Adventure being even better!

Scottie ^^
    • Last day at Gen Con!

Hello my friends!

I just wanted to throw down a quick note to let you know that Aaron and I will be coming back from Gen Con tomorrow, and WOW did we have a great show...

The last show we attended with the demo product was GAMA, a show meant for industry professional, retailers, distributors, publishers, etc. and SHARD seemed to really catch their interest. They seemed generally enthused and willing to buy the product once it hit the shelves...

Coming to Gen Con, though, was an unknown quantity... Would the general public like it, hate it, be indifferent? We had no way of knowing, honestly,...and we were a bit nervous.. We shouldn't have been... It seemed to be a hit... Our booth was always crowded with people honestly interested and excited about SHARD, most of them wanting to buy NOW!!! If only we would have had actual product to sell... Instead, we were able to whet their appetites,..give them access to the Welcome booklet,...and check out what we would soon have to offer by Christmas ! Many of them wanted to sign up to get informed immediately when the product became available... This is a GREAT sign.... We were overwhelmed,..and our demos seemed to fill up! By the second day of demos, our third demo day was completely booked up, and we both had our hands full! Very flattering...

Fun huh?

Anyway,..good stuff all around.. Aaron and I are very excited and doubly motivated to get this game (the Basic Compendium, the Convenience Pack,..and even an official GM's Screen) out the door by Christmas if all goes well, with the other two supplementary books (World Guide then Magic and Martial Arts) following close behind in the spring.

Anyway, I've got to rest now,..we're both exhausted. So I'll give a better update when I get back...

Scottie ^^
    • RE: Last day at Gen Con!

If you look in the "Recent News" section of the main ShardRPG page (under Community, on the right), you'll see the fun picture of our booth at Gen Con, filled with some folks involved in one of our demo-game sessions that lasted about two and a half hours each...

What a great trip that was,...and WOW did it fuel our enthusiasm to get this product out there for everyone to enjoy!

When I have a spare moment I'll try to get you guys a better description of some of the great things that went on at Gen Con for us, but right now we're in the final crunch to get the files to the printer by the end of October.

Wish Aaron and I luck!

Scottie ^^