mage492

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why I'm here: Well, it started a couple days ago at Gen Con 2008. I was walking around the vendor hall (looking for dice, actually), when I wandered by the Shard booth. I'll admit it, the stand-up vixen Devah is what stopped me, initially. After having the game explained and playing in a demo, I was very impressed (and ended up hanging around the booth for a good part of the weekend, asking questions and watching other demo games). So, here I am.

Who I am as a Gamer: I've been playing pen-and-paper RPGs for about 7 years (currently two nights a week). I have been a player for pretty much all of that time, though I am interested in getting more into GM-ing (I've been getting better at it, with practice.)

My gaming group and I have always been interested in anthropomorphic games, however the thought process with these often seems to be "Put ears and a tail on it and someone out there will buy it." It is exciting to see simple but effective mechanics, easy to understand descriptions and explanations, an immersive setting, and beautiful artwork all in one game.
    • Hey Dave!

Glad you joined!

Aaron and I talked about how flattered we were by your interest and involvement in our demos at Gen Con. What a great show it turned out to be for us! And we were delighted that you found the idea of the game so intriguing.

We were ALSO really happy that you found the game so easy to get into, enjoy, and understand... That's input that really helps us move forward with greater confidence, knowing that even first-time players found the rules easy enough to understand so that within a few minutes they were jumping into the game and having fun participating with little confusion and trouble. Hopefully it will be just as easy for potential game-masters to do the same, once they've had a chance to wrap their heads around the basic rules and fiction...

Please take care, keep checking in here with us from time to time,…and we'll try to keep you updated on our progress as we race to the finish for December release of the first book!

Scottie ^^