SHARD Release Progress

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SHARD Release Progress

Howdy Scott,

Just checking in to see where you guys are in the process. Have things been going smoothly lately? Have you encountered any delays? Is it still looking like mid-Jan to early-Feb for the release to the public?

Also, are you going to offer a special deal where you get the PDF as well when you buy the hard copy?

Cheers!
      Drohem
      "The Dude abides."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drohem ().

• RE: SHARD Release Progress

Hello there!

Yep,..we are still on track for a January release, and hope to have the files to our printer before Christmas. As expected, the holiday season kinda throws a wrench into any schedule, and as of this writing I am in Californa with the family for Thanksgiving. But if all goes smoothly I'll be able to return from the trip, do a final layout pass, and then index the book so that we can stick a fork in it and send those files off. The moment we know the printer has begun their work, I'll be setting up a page where people can order the first of the products before Christmas, and hope to receive them sometime late January or early February...

Aaron and I will be deciding then about the PDFs (and how they will be presented for sale). But once we talk to our publisher we'll get those details ironed out (including special offerings for those who buy the hardcovers), and let you guys know as soon as possible!!! Personally I love the idea of thanking those who have been patiently waiting for us by offering the first several months of buyers free PDFs of all the hardcopies, so I'm gonna push that as a plan...

You guys are great for all your support and patience,...let's all hope for a smooth sendoff!!

Thanks again... And happy Thanksgiving!

Scottie ^^
    • Hey Scott,

Just checking in and looking for a status update. Are things progressing as planned? Are there any expected delays?

I finally received my pre-order of Hellas: Worlds of Sun and Stone, so they only other game that I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on is SHARD.

Colin,
      Sorry mate that your copy hasn't quite finished its journey across the pond for you. Keep up the mantra! It worked for me. :D

Seriously, I hope that you get your copy in time for Christmas. I'm putting some positive energy out there for you. :)

Cheers and Happy Holidays guys!
      "The Dude abides."
    • We are, literally, waiting for the very last edits, on the very last half, of the very last chapter to come in, so that I can start the week or so long final layout and indexing process...

Of course,...with the holidays fully upon us, there is just no getting by the delays that always manifest during this season (family, friends, visiting relatives, etc...)...

Lots of teeth grinding as we patiently endure...

Like Aaron said,...it'll be worth it...

Keep the faith!

Scottie ^^
    • Robie, the lady helping me with my Indexing, will be finishing up the last chapter tomorrow, after which we can generate the Index itself, fix any little errors,...and actually call this sucker DONE!!!! All I have to do then is export the files as a PDF and upload to the printer so they can get to work!

All of this may happen in the next 24-48 hours!

At the same time I'm also racing to finish the crowning details on the revised wall-poster-sized world map, which I'd like to offer during this first publish run as well...

It's really there, folks,...and we're both nervous and incredibly excited!

Scottie ^^
    • *drool* So, will a pdf be available and if so when? Just asking because while I intend to get the book itself, the sooner I get this sucker into my grubby paws, the faster my mind can scan it and start churning out ideas.

Oh, and wall-sized poster map? Put me down for one, please. :)

Colin
      RPG Freelancer: All Flesh Must Be Eaten, A|State, Atlantis: The Second Age, Castles & Crusades, Godlike, Hellas, Hollow Earth Expedition, Iron Kingdoms d20, Omni System, Talislanta, Waste World, Wild Talents, etc.
    • Well guys I was arrested last night. I was so excited about ShardRPG finally coming to light that I became a bit... unhinged; I fainted. I woke up in county lockup. Apparently I setup some traps around the neighborhood, amassed a sizable group of local domesticated and non-domesticated animals, and started acting out my adventures using scale collectibles and my various bits of 3D terrain. I have more scratches than I can count and....

For those wondering how I ended up in jail last night, it turns out that I attempted a breaking and entering with two squirrels armed to the hilt with old western firearms, collectibles from my Maverick movie scale prop collection. Luckily it was the home of a tough senior, an ex-pastor actually, who performed an exorcism before turning me over to the authorities. I know I should feel ashamed but I honestly feel quite liberated this morning, as if the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders. Go figure :rolleyes:.

Long story short, I'm just really looking forward to Shard coming out. May the cause of these two misdemeanors never haunt my subconscious again. I wish you guys the best of luck with the upcoming release and hope you receive the fanfare and sales to reward your journey thus far. Congratulations on finishing this amazing project! :D
      Be Thankful For Everything For Soon There Will Be Nothing!