Isvar of Suffering

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Isvar of Suffering

Reading through the History of the Janah in the Basic Compendium I can't help but think what Jenu of Sarpah was the 'Isvar of Suffering' (Can't look for his name at the moment) I mean the thing that seems most logical to me is he was some kind of Serpent but from what I think is the picture of him on Jay French's website he seems beefy and bulky like maybe Crocadillian or Komodo Dragon under that armor
    • The specific jenu identity of many different historical figures have been lost to time, and the sometimes obscure annals of history, and others (due to various cultural biases) are widely debated across the many countries of the world. The identity of Adhitúmuss, the “Isvar of Suffering”, is certainly one of those. There are actually two images I've created that at least "hearken" to the form he may have had over a thousand years before what is considered the "current" timeline of Dárdünah, and though you are correct in making an assumption that he was a serpent of some kind (simply because the "ruling class" of Visedhárah is often composed primarily of adders and serpents and the like,...the most often-chosen jenu, of all the scholars that debate the nature of his form, is an iguana of some kind...and certainly a powerful sir’hibas, regardless of any other skills he possessed. He apparently rose within the ranks of the ancient elites of what was once the Amin of the Visedi people, despite his differences from the "ruling class" of jenu, and convinced the most powerful nobles associated with the Jade Throne, that it was time for the Sarpah to conquer the world, and finally put the lowly Vajrah and Paksin in their proper places.

As I mentioned, I have authored two images that give credence to the most vocal of these Dárdüni scholars of histories. One of them is on the front of the recent "Magic and Martial Arts" book, which could very easily be a "young" Adhitúmuss in the early stages of his rise to power. And another image is to be found on page 18 of the "Basic Compendium", which is based on a sketch I made in the earliest days of the play-tester campaigns, when the “Isvar of Suffering” was first introduced as a historical character, because he had essentially found a way (due to the mishaps of the players, of course) to slip through the cracks of the "Cycle of Life and Death" to escape from the Swirling Hells and manifest, once again, on the world, where he immediately took up his plans for world domination... This became the launching point for the story arc of that multi-year-long campaign which helped solidify much of the fiction of our game...

Enjoy! ^^
    • It is also important to mention that when Adhitúmuss, "slipped through the cracks of the "Cycle of Life and Death" to escape from the Swirling Hells and manifest, once again, on the world, where he immediately took up his plans for world domination" he used the rules that other beings without physical bodies use to do so, which means that he sought out a new vessel to be used for a home to his spirit as he set about his diabolical plans... :evil:
    • griffin wrote:

It is also important to mention that when Adhitúmuss, "slipped through the cracks of the "Cycle of Life and Death" to escape from the Swirling Hells and manifest, once again, on the world, where he immediately took up his plans for world domination" he used the rules that other beings without physical bodies use to do so, which means that he sought out a new vessel to be used for a home to his spirit as he set about his diabolical plans...
      You are absolutely correct! ^^