Hello from Tennessee

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello from Tennessee

Hey guys! Well, I have played many RPGS and mini games since I started in 82. I have been playing alot of historical miniature games recently like Napoleons Battles, Spearhead and Field of Glory. I also like Mutants and Masterminds, Warhammer Fantasy Rpg and victorian age games. I was looking for a new game to run and a guy at my local store recommended this site on our forums. I must say I really like the background and the way the races and magic are done. It being a basic d6 game helps too. I can't wait to get started on a new campaign! I also like how the basic races are not here. This is definitely not the same old same old rpg that it seems everyone has been churning out lately. This game looks like a real winner! I can't wait. When do we get to see it in all of its finished glory?
      "I am become death...the destroyer of worlds."
      J. Robert Oppenheimer
      Father of the Atomic Bomb
    • RE: Hello from Tennessee

Hey apelord! It's Busby, I'll be down at the store on Friday so you can get a look at some more of the material that has been put out by the great guys and gals that have worked on it. I'm glad to see that my little ramble of a post brought the attention of at least one of the folks at the store!
    • Shard Products

Our first offering of SHARD products are at our printers. We need to review galleys and such, but we expect the following products to be available by the end of May certainly (if not sooner):

Basic Compendium
      Convenience Pack
      GM Screen
      World Map

Everything you need to start gaming will be contained in those products.

We'll be doing various shows this year, including GAMA, Origins, and Gen Con. If any of you get a chance to make one of these shows, feel free to come by the Studio 2 booth and say hi.

Thanks so much for your interest and we hope that you feel the wait was worth it.

-Aaron
    • RE: Shard Products

Hello there!

Welcome apelord!

Aaron mentioned to me that he was attempting to take an educated guess about when this first round of published materials would be hitting the shelves, so I figured I'd make the calls necessary to get a clearer time-line for everyone as well as provide a sharper understanding of how this whole process will unfold...

I'll post all of this in another area of the forum as well, to insure that it's easy to find for everyone!

The way I have been assured that this process will go, by our printer (EOS Press), is that the whole printing process (started around March 4th) will last till about the end of March. At that point our finished product will be placed on a freighter and will begin a 7-week ocean journey till it arrives at its port of call here in the USA. Once it arrives (hopefully about the 20th of May), it will need to go through Customs, which could take up to a week. This means that it may be the end of May before it finally gets on the truck that will carry it to our publisher's (Studio 2) warehouse, where it will immediately go into circulation to retailers and distributors across the world...

When will you be able to order the SHARD RPG products, or otherwise get your hands on them?

Well,...the good news is that, halfway through its oceanic journey (around April 24th or so), we will be presented with a "Bill of Lading" which will prepare us to receive the product in the port of call upon its arrival. This will also be a sign that the product is about 30 days away from hitting our shores... At this time our publisher will create a SHARD RPG presence on its website, enabling retailers, distributors, and the public in general to make "pre-orders" of our product in anticipation of it arrival... This means that possibly as soon as the end of April you'll be able to order SHARD products directly from Studio 2's site (with direct links from our site, of course), and by then you may even be able to order the really cool World Map of Dárdünah directly from Cafe Press and get it within a few days!!!

Additionally, as Aaron mentioned, we'll be attending conventions like Origins, Gen Con, and Dragon Con with actual product to sell in our hot little hands!

It really is going to be an amazing year for us,...and we just can't wait to see how all of you like it... With a passion like we have had for SHARD over its many years of creation, sharing that passion with the rest of the world is something we are incredibly excited about...

Take care,...and wish us luck!

Scottie ^^
    • Thanks for all of the info and the welcome! It sounds great. This will give me a chance to finish up with this semester in college and use the summer to learn and play Shard before grad school in the fall. That way it will be easy to run during the next semester. I like the books that Ninjato let me see and cant wait to see the new ones. Great Job!
      "I am become death...the destroyer of worlds."
      J. Robert Oppenheimer
      Father of the Atomic Bomb