Karizma? Oh, Charisma. Damn Dirty Puns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Karizma? Oh, Charisma. Damn Dirty Puns

I first heard of SHARD RPG through a browse of my father's friend's web site. He had done some artwork for "Shard RPG", and being a fan of roleplaying games, I was intrigued.

Immediately, the art and style of the website pleased me. I'd never been interested in a published setting before, and I was suddenly hooked on what it had to offer.

I do enjoy good ol' classic fantasy. But it's so easy to replicate, that I don't need a book to tell me about it. Dárdünah was a rich, mysterious world that I'd never been able to explore. It's not too far out there to be alien, but it's not too familiar to be boring.

When I read that Shard used a d6 dicepool system, I admit, I was skeptical. I groaned and I lost interest.

But then Free RPG Day came. The night before I checked my Friendly Local Game Shop's website, and saw that Shard was to be demo'd by Scott himself.

I went, and am glad I did so. First off, it showed me that the system is excellent. The dicepool mechanic works without being cumbersome, the setting is fresh, but we did not trip over ourselves in this new world, and what REALLY grabbed my attention was combat.

A new system with five new players, and combat was smooth. It was FUN. I was amazed to find everyone paid close attention. Action never stopped. It was cinematic, but even better for me, it was still tactical, and logical. It was solid, fun.

My current System Of Choice is High Adventure RolePlaying (HARP) by Iron Crown Enterprises of Rolemaster fame (or infamy?). I've played a bit of d20 in my time, as well as some AD&D2, and have looked at many roleplaying games on top of that. Shard offers something both in system and in setting that I have desperately been seeking.

Thank you for the awesome demo Scott! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on that first copy of Shard.

If I can I'd love to join in another play sometime. As said before, you're also a great GM.
      ~ This post brought to you by the Dvorak keyboard layout ~
    • RE: Karizma? Oh, Charisma. Damn Dirty Puns

Thanks for the kind words on Shard, Karizma. We're glad you enjoyed the demo. And yes, Scott is indeed a great GM.

Shard products will be premiering at the Origins Game Fair next week but should be available in hobby stores or through Studio 2 by the end of July or early August.

We'd love to hear your thoughts when you get a game going so be sure to post your experiences on our Forums.

-Aaron

The post was edited 2 times, last by Aaron de Orive ().

Oh right, my name is Michael. I forgot to mention that. Silly me.

August? That's great! For some reason I was thinking 2010! I'll definitely see about starting a group while I'm at university. I'm already supposed to run one game, but I'm very excited about Shard. I'll find SOMEONE to play.
      ~ This post brought to you by the Dvorak keyboard layout ~
    • Welcome Karizma! :)

Although, I am officially jealous of you getting to play and being near where it's all going down for SHARD.

I'm just waiting patiently here in Colorado until I can order my copy. My long time group is only in 4e D&D right now, so I'll probably have to look to PbP to get my SHARD fix. Or maybel I'll have to start a new face-to-face group specifically for SHARD! :D
      "The Dude abides."
    • Just today I read about this game, and it has gotten me very interested. I'm actually moving down to Austin in August so I'll be able to hopefully play with the creators themselves at some point!

I'm taking a trip in early July, is anything planned for another demo at Dragons Lair?

Thanks!

The post was edited 1 time, last by theBobalu ().

Hey Karizma! Hey theBobalu !

I just now got back from the "two-in-a-row" convention trip up to Origins and Anthrocon,...and MAN am I exhausted! But it was such a great trip for us...

First off,...welcome to the forum!!! And thanks for all the kind sentiments! It was great running the demos for free RPG day at Dragon's Lair,...Karizma (Michael),...and Bobalu...I absolutely intend to run demos there again soon once our product actually hits their shelves (in fact,...I may be doing one even sooner there, just to give the employees a chance to play around with character creation and run through an adventure or two)...

I'll put up a general message on these boards once we make plans for more open-public demos once we have a better idea about when the books are arriving... We'll most likely be there to run some more demos and do some book signing for those that would enjoy it...

Take care guys!

Scottie ^^