Kain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What up? My name is Brian Seabolt, or "Kain", "KaintheDragoonx", or "X"

I picked up Shard after the booth dude at Origins was pimping the game hard. I like the fact that the guy selling the game was super excited about it. So I bought the screen and the core book.

I took a second to read through it and I like the system. The "Number Of Successes" system is awesome, and my group is use to it from the White Wolf world.

A little about me. Gaming for something like 19 years, starting with HeroQuest, and working my way into Dark Sun (AD&D 2nd.) Got into CCGs with Decipher's Star Wars. Got into minis gaming with Mordhiem.

Now I play everything...and I mean everything. It's hard to find someone that has played as many games as I have.

I also run Table Top Gamers...and organization that promotes gaming throughout the industry by bringing publishers, manufacturers, and players together. We run events, build relationships, and generally pimp gaming and the hobby in general. We are quickly approaching our third year birthday, and Gencon Indy is going to be a party.

If we can make it happen (Meaning we can get extra people), we will be running Shard Demos in our area, CC-201. No promises yet, but I am trying to make it happen.

Thanks for the awesome sell at Origins, and let's see what we can make happen!
    • It was great meeting you, Brian. And thanks so much for picking up our products. We hope your group enjoys playing it as much as we have.

We'd love it if you could run a demo at GenCon. We'll be there, of course, and depending on when you intend to do the demos, we'd be more than happy to come by, sign books, answer questions, and interact with the players.

Come by the Studio 2 booth at GenCon and let us know what your organization has managed to put together. We'll help however we can.

-Aaron
    • F*CK YEAH! Dark Sun in the muthaf*ckin' hizouse! That expansion was Awesome! please post some more info about your organization Table Top Gamers. If you need people to join, I like to support the community of RolePlayers whenever I can. Paizo Games has been doing a nice job with their Pathfinder community and WotC seemed like they were going to try to build gamer community but they sort of fizzled out in my opinion. I have a super-small local thing going withThe South Austin Gaming Association but it's tiny. Please share more info! :)
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.
    • Hey Brian / Kain!

Thanks so much for checking out our game! I'm really glad you like what you see so far, and hopefully you'll have a chance to keep in touch as you read through more of it and begin playing through some scenarios...

Once I get back into town from the trade-shows and conventions I'm attending now, Aaron and I will be polishing our next mini-adventure so that we can give you guys a new experience or two in the coming months...

He and I are both really excited to have others try and run some games once they become more familiar with the system and character creation... Doing demos AND showing off our game is hard work!!

Take care, and like the others said,...welcome!

Scottie ^^