Ednoria

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi, I'm Diane. I first saw Shard at GenCon 2008, and was very impressed. I was at Origins this year, picked up the whole set, and got to run in a game with Scott, which was quite fabulous in several senses of the word.

I've been playing roleplaying games since the mid 1970's. I started with those three little booklets put out by some guys named Gygax and Arneson, and then moved on to Tunnels & Trolls, Empire of the Petal Throne, GURPS, Space 1889, Paranoia, Metamorphosis Alpha, Call of Cthulhu, several home-brewed systems, and whatever else was available. I was very fortunate to have a fairly cohesive group through college and for several years afterwards, and after a short dry spell, got into another group that's been together for over 10 years now (The Amazing Institute of Blowing Things Up, Shooting People with Death Rays, and Other Cool Stuff). We're primarily GURPS and D&D, but I run some of the "weird" stuff -- In Nomine and Tekumel/EPT, to name a couple.

I'm also a language geek, so Shard's Sanskrit kind of feel appeals to me a lot. I'm looking forward to getting into the books and running something.

Namaste!
    • RE: Ednoria

Welcome, Diane.

I'm also an old gaming geek. I first discovered D&D back in the late 70s and have been playing ever since, although admittedly not too much recently (writing projects and family obligations make sure I have almost no free time).

And I'm glad we have a language geek among us. I'm fascinated with languages although I've done far too little study into linguistics. Please feel free to share any insights you might have. We can use all the help we can get.

Let us know how your game goes.

-Aaron
    • RE: Ednoria

Diane!

Namaste!

I'm finally back from the most recent show,...and WOW did this trip go well for us! We were so excited to see everyone embracing the game and enjoying themselves,...and it was excellent fun seeing you guys take that demo in a direction that it rarely ever goes... Leave it up to creative players to take things and run with them spectacularly....

Thanks again for joining the forums and let us know how the game goes for you!

Scottie ^^