Austin, Texas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Austin, Texas

I would like to beg Scott Jones or Arron de Orive to run a demo-game for a n00b group such as my 3.5 D&D gang or the South Austin Gaming Association guys. How about a promotional event at TRIBE comics and games on Manchaca!? I would love for my Role players to see real masters of the craft in action. They only know my meager skills thus far. It's time to open their eyes to what a Role Playing Game can REALLY be! I DARE one of you guys to run a game for them!
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.
    • RE: Austin, Texas

You flatter us, Mr. Willman. :)

Scott and I will be doing some demos of Shard at Dragon's Lair on Burnet Road sometime in the next few weeks (before Gen Con). I'll post the exact date here on the forums.

If any of the groups you mentioned want to swing on by and join a demo, please tell them to feel free to do so. I don't know how many demos we'll do exactly but I know I want to conduct some character creation demos as well as regular mini-adventures. I did one of those at Origins and it went very well. Plus, everyone likes character creation. ;)

Keep checking the forums for more details. Scott and I will figure out all the specifics when he gets back from Anthrocon.

-Aaron

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aaron de Orive ().

• RE: Austin, Texas

Hi all! I'm back!

Just as Aaron said,...we're planning on doing some demos at Dragon's Lair soon,...and I'd ALSO definitely like to go down and do a demo or two for the great folks at Tribe...

I'll talk with Aaron and we'll figure out how much we have time to do before GenCon... At the very least, my intention is to run some demos and do some book signings for all the local Austin and San Antonio stores that are willing to carry our products once our books actually hit their shelves...

Scottie ^^
    • I just picked Shard up but missed the demo today because of other obligations. The wonderful guys at Tribe have been pushing Shard and I am intrigued. I am what you would call a gaming virgin (honestly, D&D has way too much math for me) and my fiance is a gaming veteran. We might be interested in looking for a group to play.......
    • The demo on Burnet

Played in the demo last night (as Gramir) - it rocked. The game system is very solid and the world is absolutely fascinating.

Unfortunately, we had to rush the end as we had another game commitment, but of what I play, I am truly impressed. We'll be adding this one into our regular game rotation, I think.
    • RE: The demo on Burnet

Hey there!

And welcome to the Forum!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the demo last night.

Heh!... It's funny with games involving intrigue,...it's just so hard to move through them quickly... I had "ways" of making you guys move directly into the mine-inspection part, but you all were obviously having a good time sneaking around, separating, and finding out various clues and such,... and I just didn't want to break that up and force anything...

Like I said at the end,...there were so many ways that scenario could have gone, and there just wasn't enough time to explore them all thoroughly...

Thanks again for playing!

Scottie ^^
    • Its hard...

...its hard to run a game but easy to play one. I think it is matter of finding enough players who want to play and then doing a round robin thing like I do with my AD&D group. I can post something at Tribe Comics looking for players.... I will also admit I need to read the book from cover to cover. Its a bit intimidating for a RPG since it is so new and from a different direction.
    • RE: Its hard...

Yep,...it's quite a deviation from the standard European-based fantasy fare, which is why I'm hoping to get more mini-adventures available here on the forums, so that there's more available world-fiction to draw from when it come to the "nuts and bolts" of Society, Politics, and Religion,...key factors in breathing more life into the cultures of this somewhat alien world...

Hopefully, though, you'll find that the rules are simple enough not to get in the way of creativity, and that we've laced the history we provide, and the descriptions of the basics of the world itself, both in the sections after the history as well as various details offered in the Glossary, with enough snippets of cultural and societal basics to weave your own campaign setups solidly and on a sound framework...

As always, though, let us know if you have any questions you'd like answered to fill in gaps you come across as you create your own game plots...

Scottie ^^