Favorites

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Favorites

One of my favorite characters was an NPC. His name was Vanayah, and he was a leopard Crystal Corsair (a skyship pirate).

When the PCs first met him, he was the captain of a skyship in service to the Line of Yadruh, the sworn enemy to the Line of Inuvkah (the Line that the PCs belonged to). The PCs' skyship had been damaged in a terrible lightning storm (called a dishasud) and had been captured by Vanayah's ship. The PCs were traveling with the children of their lord and tried to disguise them as servants. Vanayah saw through the disguise (he asked to see their hands, which were smooth and soft, not the hands of a servant at all) but he kept the secret from his Yadruh masters.

Later, Vanayah revealed to the PCs that he knew the children were noble born but that he would help them return to their own House if the PCs promised to give him sanctuary (he was tired of the ruthless, bloodthirsty Yadruh). The PCs agreed and Vanayah, true to his word, helped them safely return the children of the Lord Arhidasah to their home.

Vanayah eventually ended up being captured by the Yadruh and he was imprisoned, awaiting the cruel pleasure of the terrible and sadistic Sagerruh, Great Lord of the Line of Yadruh. The PCs were sent by their lord to rescue Vanayah since he had risked his life to save his children. The rescue was a brilliant adventure. Vanayah was taken safely out of the Yadruh dungeon and later joined the Line of Inuvkah as a loyal skyship captain in service to the Lord Arhidasah.

He was a great character. :)
    • RE: Favorites

One of my favorite characters for the game Aaron ran for years was the Aryah Arhidásah of the Line of Inuvkah...

In our game we were all members of Arhidásah's House and served our Aryah with a great deal of honor and pride, not just because the laws of the land and the codes of honor demanded it, but because Aaron was able to invest the NPC with so much wonderful, lovable personality that one could not help but to adore him.

Here's his little write-up that we used for him in the game:

Arhidásah - (male black bear with a spotted muzzle, 50ish) the Aryah of the house and lover of honeymelons; Head of the Family of Inuvkah in Sadahm.

Such a simple description, it couldn't possibly give the full impression that interacting with him in the game could. Kind and generous to a fault, Arhidásah had the type of personal warmth often found lacking among the other nobles to be found in the glittering courts of Tishínia. Despite his soft and somewhat bumbling exterior, Arhidásah also harbored a very prominent elements of wisdom, justice, and strong ethics that engendered an amazing level of loyalty among those who served him.

Eventually we intend to list many of the major Houses and Lines of Tishínia as well as key NPCs in other countries with the intention of helping new SHARD RPG gamers flesh out their own world...

Scottie ^^
    • My favorite character would have to be mine as of right now.

Her name is Suknai. She's a Medium Constrictor. In the beginning of the story I decided that she will be a Fortune Teller. Also, she is a Mage. Or more specifically a Healer (because in any RPG-based game that is what I am best at xD). She is a beautiful red-tailed boa also. :]
    • Oh she is, definitely. Here is all her information:
      Suknai- Female Meduim Constrictor; Red-tailed Boa
      Profession- Sorceror (Healer)
      Mystic Talents- Rituals of Healing and Dreamwalking
      Extra Language- Cant
      Advantage/Drawback- Sunborn/Noteriety
      Skills- Medical Alchemy, Evade, Language, and Magical Ritual
      Characteristics:
      Strength- 4
      Vigor- 2
      Agility- 4
      Dex- 3
      Essence- 6
      Perception- 2
      Wit- 3
      Will- 6
      Presence- 2

Also her Mystic Talent is four.
    • Though I've not gotten to use him much, I quite enjoyed the concept for the character I created named Pukkahpatel, or just Patel to those that know him. He's a sunbear, formally of a family of performers and acrobats that specialized in very flourished ways, re-enacting ancient and famous battles in story-form. Then one day he just stopped being a performer. Something unspeakable happened to his familly. He has no troupe to perform with. So now Patel lives as a wood carver who sells treenware, moving from place to place, haunted by the horror of what happened to his brothers and cousins.

His concept boils down to someone that seeks out evil and the demonic forces all the while terrified of it. He is compelled to do this and takes no joy in it. He's going to get himself killed if he keeps it up.

I sure hope to use him more, if anything, than as an NPC in campaigns I run.

I really must do a painting of him soon.