Game Master Screens?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Game Master Screens?

In general yes, a DM screen would be nice. I very rarely actually use the info on the back of my current one anymore (but that is more form the fact I nearly have the damn thing memorized); however, it is always handy to hide the notes/rolls/handouts etc. from the players and gives you that please ignore the man behind the curtain feeling. Of course actually having the info handy, especially for a new system would probably make a difference, plus where else will you get to do a quadruple fold piece of artwork. :)
      ~Travis
    • Of course you must!

What paper-based Role Playing Game would be complete without Screens?!? Seriously! Everybody else's got 'em. Why shouldn't we? Plus, more money. MAKE SURE, however, that the art on them is EXTRA SUPER EXCELLENT because if I'm gonna stare at the same god-damned picture for months or even years, it better continuously surprise me with sublte cool nuances and features that I didnt see the first 20 times I looked at it. Or just be a timeless visual masterpiece that one can never get tired of looking at.
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.
    • RE: Game Master Screens?

Originally posted by Oboe
      GM screens always help the gaming experience... especially when you're looking to cheat your players by hiding all your dice rolls :P

In fact, I need a Players Screen for all the times I cheat the DM by lying about my dice rolls! ESPECIALLY when I'm playing with Oboe!
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.
    • Just because I like being late more-so than being never, I would just like to say I personally would enjoy a crafty GM screen.

Personally GM screens are a (sometimes) effective tool to use when trying to influence what you are trying to express in a game through the artwork generally provided. Also, I'm always for easy to read reference info!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ninjato ().