Slow Boards

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Slow Boards

Yep,...it is a tad slow right now...

I'm betting it's because our books, though they can be ordered individually now straight from Studio 2, and have had over a hundred sold at conventions, haven't actually hit the shelves across the nation yet (or overseas) "en-masse"...

They have been delivered at our publisher's warehouse, and are being prepared to go out to Distributors and then Retailers with their next distribution cycle on the 19th of October, but that means it will be a few weeks before folks everywhere can just go to their game-stores and buy them...

I'm betting that after this month is over with we'll start seeing lots more action on this board...

Scottie ^^
    • RE: Slow Boards

Well this is the way I look at it; we are the ones who are in on the ground floor. I am one of the lucky ones who was able to get his hands on a copy at Origins, to be honest I got the whole package: dice, map, book, and convenience pack.

Actually I will be putting them to use this evening; my gaming group will be playing our first session of a new Shard campaign. The plan is to make regular updates here on the forums of how the campaign is going.

I have been gaming for 23 years and have played and read a great many games. Shard is high quality and offers some very unique gaming experiences; the ball is just starting to get rolling on it. It will only get bigger and thus more forum action. Just my 2 cents.
      Mario Dongu
      The Game Master Show
      http://thegamemastershow.com/
    • Hey Mario!

Yep,...this is just the "hesitant beginning" phase, which I hope will be broken by several things that a few fellow players and enthusiasts have recently mentioned they have been working on,...namely some cool mini-module adventures!

The ones that have been described to me so far sound REALLY cool! It's so great to see how inspired some folks are getting...

Plus, once I'm done with the hell of PDF finalization (I'm currently having to enter all the hyperlinks for the Indexed page numbers of the Basic Compendium by hand...), my intention is to clean up one of the modules I have been running at the various conventions, and formally offer it here on the forums as well...

And (as I think I may have mentioned earlier at some point) I intend to put up, as a teaser for the future game books being worked on right now, a few additional animal templates that will eventually appear in the Magic and Martial Arts book... Most likely we're talking the platypus and the lemur!

Things will soon be hopping around here, if all goes according to plan.

Scottie ^^
    • I'm just glad to know that I got here at the beginning. To know how it all started, and to know what the game was like in the first stages. I hope and wish the best and more to both Scott and Aaron, and will definitely look forward to 4th edition XD (but, you know, start slow, build it up, all that jazz)!

And with me around, I hope to make the forums a bit less quiet ;) (with all good intentions of course, I'm happy to converse with any and everyone on most any topic. I usually have some interesting things to say :)))