Hungry Ghosts and Character Death

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Welcome Incarnate!

Originally posted by Aaron de Orive
      Be sure to give Joe's NPCs a hard time. I'm sure they deserve it.

And yes, I can reveal secrets about Dardunah the likes of which would curl your character's fur (assuming he has any). ;)

And don't forget,....you promised Nicky you'd tell her the terrible secret at the heart of the island of Klinrah if she got on the forums...

Heh!

Scottie ^^
    • Well crap....since everyone else is here....thanks Kevin.......I suppose I need to post now. I am part of Joes group as well. I am the one whos character died most horribly.......but now im a 400 year old badass albino kungfu gorilla so its all good. Anyway this game is awsome, great job on the game!!!!.... and I shall be buying the book soon!!!!! .....oh and I didnt mean to open o whole new thread.......sorry im retarded when it comes to posting on forums.......and just about everything else....lol
    • Originally posted by The Bearded Clam
      Well crap....since everyone else is here....thanks Kevin.......I suppose I need to post now. I am part of Joes group as well. I am the one whos character died most horribly.......but now im a 400 year old badass albino kungfu gorilla so its all good. Anyway this game is awsome, great job on the game!!!!.... and I shall be buying the book soon!!!!! .....oh and I didnt mean to open o whole new thread.......sorry im retarded when it comes to posting on forums.......and just about everything else....lol

No problem! Welcome "Clam"... :D

Scottie ^^
    • RE: Welcome!

Originally posted by Aaron de Orive
      And thank you for the kind words, Matt. More than anything, we wanted to put the "role-playing" back into pen-n-paper RPGs. The trend certainly does seem to be to go in the direction of MMO-style computer games (rigid classes, limited choices with advancement, emphasis on "class powers," etc.) or to have systems with dozens of pages of charts and headache-inducing, detailed rules. The thing that drew me to RPGs back in the 80s was the notion that I could assume the role of another, fantastical character and live vicariously through that character's amazing exploits.

To be fair, the biggest whipping child for this is Dungeons and Dragons itself. The original RPG, it ALWAYS has remembered it's roots in skirmish-wargaming. Just cause they suddenly figured out how to make the act of exploring Dungeons and slaying Dragons fun, does not make it any less capable of running, say, political intrigue- it just brings it closer to what Gary Gigax originally intended. (Dave Arneson, creator of the first Campaign Setting, may be rolling in his grave, though. :p)

SHARD, on the other hand, would make old Arneson proud. Rich setting, light rules, and a wonderful ambience.
    • RE: Welcome!

Everyone should peer pressure Joe to post the last two week's run downs. All I can say is the game is beyond fun and it's rather sad that it took a game with animal people for our group to taking something serious.

Now that's not to say our group isn't serious but you must all understand if something absolutely crazy or just plain wrong isn't said or done then we aren't happy. For example the reason beardo clam died was his exact words to "lord" bacon consisted of a elegantless "You suck" to his "you dare call me a coward!?" That may not seem funny in plain text on a forum, but needless to say, it's a memorable quote none the less. ( it's also one of the few SFW moments :-D)

So Joe give the people a taste of pure win and give them a weekly play-by-play! And yes you should do it yor way with words is magical, in the most David Bowie crotch stuffing magic dancing way imaginable.
      Rhinos don't wear t-shirts.