Shard Demos at Dragon's Lair!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shard Demos at Dragon's Lair!

Dragon's Lair has scheduled a few demos for Shard!

Dragon's Lair Austin
      • Saturday November 28, 2009 @ 4 PM
      • Saturday December 5, 2009 @ 4 PM (Tentative)

Dragon's Lair San Antonio
      • Tuesday December 8, 2009 @ 6 PM

At the moment, Scott Jones is planning on running these demos for us! We're always excited to have Scottie in the store!

This would be a great opportunity for folk who are interested to come see the Shard RPG system in action!

You can get more information on the Dragon's Lair website or by contacting the store. You can also contact me at alan@dlair.net for more information or just PM me here on the Shard forum.

Thanks!
      /jayiin

The post was edited 1 time, last by jayiin mistaya ().

• Originally posted by Tides of Gore
      I'm there.

Scott, are you allowing pre-made toons, or you just want us to use the ones you have to the adventure?

Heh! I had to do a double-take when I saw the word "toons"... That brings back memories...

We normally try to keep things "fair" by using the pre-generated demo characters,...but if you're willing to create a character using 175 points (reflecting a character that was started at Talented Power Level, and had been played for a bit till he was about half-way to Heroic), then you'll have something that should fit into the same range of powers and abilities represented in the cast of demo characters provided... The limits placed on them is that no attribute ranking could be above 8, they had to fit within the limits imposed by the Animal Template, and they couldn't take more than 35 points of Drawbacks.

I'm totally OK with such characters being used for the demos I will run...

Jayiin may be running demos too, so it will be up to him to allow players to have made their own characters for his demos...

Scottie ^^
    • I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (for those that celebrated it here in the States) or have at east begun paving the way for an awesome holiday season!

I just finished preparing for the demo tomorrow at Dragon's Lair, and hopefully any of you folks that are close to Austin will be able to come in and pay me a visit and perhaps sit in on a game or two!

It should be fun!

Hope to see you guys there.

Scottie ^^
    • For being a slow Saturday night at "the Lair" (apparently due to "Black Friday aftermath"...), we had a goodly number of folks stop by and visit, and I was able to run a small demo for some of those folks that they not only seemed to enjoy, but that also compelled one of them to walk away with a signed copy in his hand!

In addition, the good folks at Dragon's Lair mentioned that they were interested in having us run games of SHARD at the upcoming IKKiCON, this January 1st-3rd! This will hopefully increase both local and national awareness of our game within the anime community, which would certainly be great! We weren't able to get a dealer's booth there this year, so this new opportunity to have a presence there is certainly welcome...

All in all a good evening!

I'll be back there again next Saturday at 4:00pm as well, and will hopefully be able to stay even longer to run the game for several folks who declared interest in stopping by with assorted groups of friends to check it out for themselves...

Poor Jayiin was sick today, and unable to join me for the demo, but he'll hopefully be in better health the next time!

Take care folks!

Scottie ^^
    • How long is tonights demo going to be going until?

I have a final that should get out around 1900, then I am heading right to DL from there. Just letting you know. I do plan on attenting. Of course it is raining and crappy out so that is going to make for a suck drive for ya.
      ToG

"Violence may not be the best option..... but it's still an option!"
    • Yep,..I'm leaving a bit early from here to make sure I have time to get there early despite the weather...

The demo will begin at 6:00pm, at which time I'll explain the world and the rules to those who are there... And I'm sure it will last till about 9:30pm or so... If you're running a bit late,...worry not,...as long as there are seats available I'm sure you can join us for some fun!

Everyone who is attending,...please drive safe in this weather... Like Tides says, it's somewhat nasty out there...

Scottie ^^
    • Scott,

I hope you made it home alright.

Just wanted to say thank you for coming down and running the game for us. Your enthusiasm is nothing short of inspitational. Hopefully you will be coming back out here soon, or perhaps I can make the trip to the Austin Lair to get the full effect.

Thanks again,

Oh yeah this is something I did some research on last night. There is a subspecies of hare know as the Irish hare. It is, what many people believe to be the oldest species of mammal to exist on our fine planet dating back some 10K years, prior to the last ice age. I wanted to integrate that into the game, so I am fixing up some "avatar" type ordeal for wisdom and applying it to their oldest Irish hare member. Picturing some kind of cross between the Dalai Lama, Ghandi, and a touch of Morrigan (celtic goddess) to add a touch of "ethnicity" to it. Have not worked out all the details on it yet, but I have figured out that I want to give it a celtic title, and have the title pass to the oldest of the species, yet that person has an unnaturally long life-span if a "qualified" member is not available.
      Still debating on the entourage (them having one that actually follows them, or not), and if I want them centered in a temple somewhere, or wondering. Kinda thinking wondering!
      ToG

"Violence may not be the best option..... but it's still an option!"
    • It was great to see you there!

That demo was a really good time, with good folks who gave me the honor of signing their books, you included Tides... It's always excellent to meet folks who are enthusiastic when it comes to things I'm passionate about...

The concept of that hare sounds like a neat idea! And wandering mendicants certainly have a place within the paradigm of Darduni religion...

I say "go for it!"...

Scottie ^^
    • I arrived well after the demo was concluded, I missed it :(
      I was the guy who commented on the artwork. :) I must say I was impressed from the little I saw and heard.
      Are there going to be anymore demos at DL in San Antonio any time soon? I feel like I missed out big times . I would have liked to look thru the books , I may go back to the store to see if they have any there
    • Originally posted by Cabilis
      I arrived well after the demo was concluded, I missed it :(
      I was the guy who commented on the artwork. :) I must say I was impressed from the little I saw and heard.
      Are there going to be anymore demos at DL in San Antonio any time soon? I feel like I missed out big times . I would have liked to look thru the books , I may go back to the store to see if they have any there

Originally posted by LostFoxeh
      Will there be another one of these in austin?

Hey Guys!

I'm thinking about when I might be able to run another demo again within the next month or two, at the Dragon's Lair both in Austin as well as in San Antonio, but I haven't had the chance yet to work it out with each of those stores...(as far as scheduling it goes).

Once I do,...I'll totally post it here so that any of you who are local in either city, and interested in joining in, are able to do so...

Scottie ^^