Animals that need a Zioc treatment.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Animals that need a Zioc treatment.

This is just a thread to strike up some ideas and see what we can come up with. It contains animals that need the Zioc treatment.

Wombat (someone on the boards pointed this out, it's what got me thinking of the others).
      Platypus
      Tasmanian Devil
      Mole
      Beaver
      gliding lizard
      moose (I have worked this one out, will post it here in the next day or two).
      ToG

"Violence may not be the best option..... but it's still an option!"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tides of Gore ().

• RE: Animals that need a Zioc treatment.

Hey there!

Here's a little glimpse into what's to come!

As we've mentioned, we intend to include 90 more Animal Templates with the publication of the Magic and Martial Arts hardcover book...

What I'm sharing here with you today is the master-list of all 180 templates that we had originally conceived as eventually offering. The 90 that are "grayed-out" are those included in the Basic Compendium, and those that remain white are the 90 we intend to include in our next publication...

As promised, for the sake of giving a few "extras" now and then, we intend to throw a few of the new ones on the forum before-hand, just to give reference to a few Zoic types that we have already mentioned in the rules here and there (or had illustrations of) but were not included in the original 90 Templates already offered... (Such as the beaver, the platypus, and the lemur, etc...)...

If you guys feel especially creative and motivated, by all means post your own takes on these Zoic Templates that have yet to be made... It may help us when it's time to create the final versions! I'll create an area under the Free Downloads section for any new Animal Templates we decide to share early, and if we choose to use any Template creation data you guys make, we'll absolutely give credit to your creations here on the forums when we put them up!

Enjoy!

Scottie ^^
      Files
    • Should be a simple enough fix, start with the stork and replace traits. Probably some toxin resistance, can't see the bill being used for combat so I'd dump the Natural Weaponry (beak) 5 pts. Their nightvision isn't as well developed as many animals, that inclines me to drop Night Vision 3. That earns back a total of 8 CP. Their bright colors and gregariousness inclines to me increase their Presence Characteristic, maybe reduce Strength and increase Vigor, Essence, and Perception. Add Immunity - alkalai water for 5 CP or go in further for 10 CP for greater resistance.

Since there are no free lunches in Shard, unlike say D&D with explicit advantages not accounted for in terms of game balance, you have a lotta flexibility to build your own zoics.

Have fun!

>>ReaperWolf
    • I know its been a while since you posted this question, but no, you shouldn't take dwarfism if you want to play a miniature horse-- unless you want dwarfish characteristics. Dwarfism is most common amongst the miniature horse breed but dwarf miniatures themselves are not within the breed's confirmation and health standards. That doesn't stop plenty of backyard breeders and pony mills from selling dwarves to those looking for a pet.

It would suggest modifying the horse template. All the talents, abilities and drawbacks, suggest or otherwise, stay the same. Change the characteristics to this:

Cost
      Characteristic
      Starting
      Max
      Avg
      Strength
      2-4
      Vigor
      2-4
      Agility
      3-5
      Dexterity
      1-3
      Essence
      1-3
      Perception
      1-3
      Wit
      1-3
      Will
      1-3
      Presence
      1-3

Adult Height: 3.5 - 5.5 ft
      Adult Weight: 50 - 176

This won't change the point cost for the horse template but should give you stats more in line with miniatures.