Writers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ann-yong-ha-se-yo (Hello in Korean):

I was wondering if you think you'll ever need any freelance writers? I am heavily into martial arts and I have extensive knowldege on Korean history and folklore if you wanted to expand the games horizons. ^_~

Guy
      Use no way as a way; no limitation as an limitation. (Sifu Bruce Lee)
    • RE: Writers

Hello there!

We are indeed gearing up right now for the editing needs we have for two more hardcover books that we've had in the works for a while, but I think my business partner Aaron may have his needs covered in that regard...(though I don't necessarily want to speak for him as far as that goes).

I know Aaron's been talking with folks about that recently, and has been gathing several writers to him based on their writing samples...

Feel free to send him a private message here on the forum to express your interest. He'll certainly let you know if there are any opportunities... It never hurts to ask!

Scottie ^^

Hi Scotty:

I dropped him a message. As I told him, I write for 3 international martial arts magazines. I can provide samples and references from the editors. I hope it's not to late to get in.

Take care,

Guy
      Use no way as a way; no limitation as an limitation. (Sifu Bruce Lee)

Originally posted by Kisa-Do
      Hi Scotty:

I dropped him a message. As I told him, I write for 3 international martial arts magazines. I can provide samples and references from the editors. I hope it's not to late to get in.

Take care,

Guy

Hey there Guy!

Dropping him a quick message is the right thing to do for now... Like I said before, his plate is really full with the work that's already begun, and with dealing with the other writers that he has already started working with...but now that he knows of your interest, give him time to sort through what he's working on, and he may have the chance to get back with you once he's out from under his current work-load...

The folks he's already working with are veterans in the paper-gaming writing world, and we know them personally from having met them at other gaming conventions and such, and from talking with them and reviewing the work they've done specifically for other paper-gaming products.

New writers are something we're still developing a submission process for, and once we have a testing methodology down (similar to how new writers are specifically tested in the computer gaming industry, from which Aaron and I both initially come), we'll be getting back in contact with those such as yourself who have expressed interest, and request sample submissions based on the fiction of our world, and Aaron's current needs at the time...

For now, the best thing to do is hang back, let Aaron do his thing, check out our book, get comfortable with the available published fiction of our world, and let us get back in contact with you once things calm down for us on our side...

Aaron had mentioned that you were wanting to get a copy of the PDF from us, but were having a problem downloading it for some reason... If you were trying to get it from Studio 2 (our publisher, and currently the only folks selling our PDF), they are indeed set up (just like RPGNow/DriveThruRPG), so that, after you pay for it, you should be able to download it straight from their site... Only if, for some reason, there are problems with the download after payment, will they offer to send it to you through "snail-mail"... If you have already paid them for it, but couldn't successfully download it, then absolutely send them a message letting them know... They should be able to track your payment information and will arrange to send it to you right away... It'll take you a little longer to get it (of course) but it isn't a race for time at this stage, since there aren't really any official writer "openings" at this point, according to Aaron...

Within a week or so you'll also be able to order it from RPGNow/DriveThruRPG. Those details are being worked out with them as I type this...

But again, by all means, if you have already paid Studio 2 for the PDF file of the Basic Compendium and were unable to download it, make sure you contact them right away and let them know so they can find another way to get it to you...

Thanks again for your interest!

Scottie ^^