New product sooner rather than later? [RUMOR]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New product sooner rather than later? [RUMOR]

A visit to my local FLGS yielded some interesting tidbits today.

I asked them if anything new that was interesting to me was coming soon. Luckily for me, it turns out they got a catalog from one of their distributors today. That turned me into kid in candy store mode as I started asking about just about everything I enjoy.

Eventually they found it easier just to ask me if I cared about anything a particular company was producing. Chugging down the alphabet, slogging through Alderac, Asmodee, Days of Wonder, and Fantasy Flight...(that took like 25 minutes just for those four), we started cruising towards the RPGs I play. Sure enough, Shard studios came up. I kinda raised an eyebrow and said, "Still just the base stuff for their RPG?"

Their answer, "Nope, I'm seeing two products available for order or pre-order."

Me, "What? What two?"

FLGS, "World guide and martial arts guide."

Well, needless to say, I was slightly shocked to see BOTH, and so soon. Granted, this is a distributor catalog that likely has every conceivable product for a giant release window...but I was excited to say the least.
    • RE: New product sooner rather than later? [RUMOR]

Hey there!

Even though I'm sure that those two titles are remnants of the fact that there was a time when we were considering releasing all three of our planned hard-cover books simultaneously (a former plan we abandoned when we decided to do a final editing pass on each one, and release them one at a time), we are in fact working on the edits for the Magic and Martial Arts guide right now, and hope to have them done in six months.

After the release of the Magic and Martial Arts expansion book (which will contain 90 new Animal Templates as well), we'll begin our final editing pass on the World Guide, which will be chock full of expanded fiction and data for the setting of Dárdünah, including 40 new creatures for the bestiary...

We'd love to get these out faster, but we're just a company of two folks and several occasional contract artists and writer friends who help us when and where they can... With limited resources our pace is slow at best... But please keep an eye on us, though, and as we progress we'll keep our friends on the Forum here updated!

Scottie ^^

I recently picked up the main book, the gm screen, and the companion folio with the character sheets. well my dad got them for me because he knows I like to try new and interesting game.

I cannot wait to get these new books. Also will there be a animal template for Llamas?
      I ask because my wife games and loves Llamas.
      Boojie

Hey there Boojie!!!

Among the 90 new Animal Templates we are creating for the Magic and Martial Arts book we have indeed planned a single template that will let you create a Camel, Dromedary, Bactrian, Llama, and Alpaca (since they all have such relativey close statistics and abilities)....

Cool, huh?

We are so glad that you are interested in our game! Please let us know what you think as you begin to delve into its details, and let us know if you have any more questions that will help you to begin your first play session!

Scottie ^^

Thank for your prompt and detailed response to my questions Scott! I just finished Reading through the main rule book. Once The game I am running now ends I will be starting Shard. I love this game. The world is very detailed and colorful. Character creation is simple and the rules are easy to understand. Which is important given that some of the people that play in the games I run at the local game shop are teenagers with short attention spans lol.
      My wife was very excited to hear about being able to play a Llama lol.
      I will definitely picking up the new books as they are released. I will be happy to GM this game for a long time.
      If i do have any further questions I will be sure to ask around the forums. You guys are very helpful!
      Boojie