Martial Arts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Martial Arts

I thought it might be interesting if characters got to decide wether their Martial art was balanced, agressive, or defensive.

Balanced - the martial arts skill works as listed in the basic compendium

Agressive- the character lists adds one die to attack but subtracts one die from defense. So a character who had 4 martial arts skill would have 5 dice to attack and 3 dice for defense.

Defensive- The characters adds one die to defense but subtracts one die from attacks. This would give a character with a 4 martial arts skill 3 dice when attacking and 5 dice when defending.

Talent:
      Perfect Defense 5/3 (agility) - this ability costs 5 points for the first level and 3 points for each successive level. This ability gives the character a pool of dice that they may add to the dice of and defensive effort. These dice may be split up but the complete pool may be used only once per turn.
      "One without crystal is without life"
    • I think such a type of strategy could apply to the melee skill too, depending on their weapon configuration. :D

Defensive
      A player using defense oriented weapon configurations:
      Polearms, Staff, Single Weapon + Shield, Single & Double Sai, Tonfas, generally all weapons that try to keep your enemy at distance or mostly built for self defense

Balanced
      A player using simple weapon configurations:
      Single Standard Weapon (Sword, Axe), anything inbetween

Agressive
      Dual Wielding Weapons, Two-Handed Weapons (except for polearms), general weapons that sacrifice protection for hitting power or swifter usage

Also what I suspect we will see is different Martial Arts Styles that come with certain perks & drawbacks. ;D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherbie ().