Free RPG Day Demo at Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy(R) Austin

Free RPG Day Demo at Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy(R) Austin

June 19, 2010 - Free RPG Day! Possibly, one of the coolest days of the year - it's kinda like a gamer Christmas.

And Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy(R) in Austin, Texas is lucky enough to have Scott & Aaron come do a demo for us!

12:00 Noon, they'll be running a Shard RPG Demo!

If you're in the Austin area (or even the great state of Texas) - you should make a point to come swing by and check it out!
      /jayiin

RE: Free RPG Day Demo at Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy(R) Austin

Thanks Jayiin!

Yes indeed,...I'll be there just before noon to set up and run a full-fledged demo for about 4 hours (if there are enough folks to do it) or a series of smaller combats and mini-scenarios if there are only a few available to play at a time...

I'm in the process of revamping one of my oldest mini-adventures, "The Accursed Well", which I ran the very first time we made a showing at Dragon's Lair years ago,...and I'll be using it again for this demo if I can get it all done in time... (I don't know what it is about me and the whole "fantasy horror" theme, but I just can't seem to get enough of it!)...

Those of you who may be somewhat local, come on down to Dragon's Lair and say "hi" at noon, tomorrow, Friday, June the 18th!

Scottie ^^

RE: Free RPG Day Demo at Dragon's Lair Comics & Fantasy(R) Austin

We had a great demo at Dragon's Lair yesterday! As expected it lasted a bit monger than our normal demos, because I ended up running one of the lengthier, original demos meant to last four hours or so,...but from the reception there,...it was a hit!

I had a full group and witnessed a lot of interest in the game, both from the players as well as the passers-by, and I know I saw some sales being made...

Good stuff!

Thanks again to all the folks as Dragon's Lair, and especially Jayiin (who actually got to participate in the demo,...and even won the map!) for helping us get this going and organized... It was a blast!

Anyway, the rest of this week will be spent getting ready for our first trade-show/convention of the year... Wish us luck!

Scottie ^^