Gencon Indy 2010

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gencon Indy 2010

Hey guys, it might be a little early to be worrying about this but August isn't that far away if you think about it.

I was just wondering if you guys were returning to Indy this summer. (though I'm pretty sure I've read that you are) And also if there are going to be any Shard campaign tables set up at the event.

As in, I know there are rooms set up around the convention center for DnD groups, I was just wondering if anyone was setting a few up for Shard.

I live here in Indy, and the lack of Shard players around is disheartening for me. I haven't been able to use my BC since buying it last year at Gencon. (By the way, thank you Scott and Aaron for putting up with my what must have been hour long question-session.)

From what I've read, and from the stories people tell on here, I'd be very interested in participating in a campaign that weekend.

So does anyone have have any thoughts, comments, or suggestions?

~Iggy
    • RE: Gencon Indy 2010

Hey there Ignus!

We sure are! We'll be at Gen Con this year, selling and demonstrating our stuff in the dealer's area, and we've also arranged to have the good folks at Whosyer Gamers running numerous mini-adventures for us throughout all the days of the show while we're at our booth on the convention floor doing our thing...

If you go online to the Gen Con Indy site and download the Events Schedule Excel Spreadsheet, you can Search for SHARD and you'll find all our listings for the various events, their times, and their locations (what hotel they are at and such)... I'm assuming there are still slots left for folks who would like to participate, so check with them to see if you can sign up...

Depending on how totally exhausted I am personally after each day, I may also consider trying to run a demo on one or two of the evenings, after dinner,...but I know how tiring manning the sales floor can be, so I make no promises...

As far as I know, there are no entire gaming rooms set up for us... I'm not sure we're "big" enough to warrant that kind of attention just yet... Here's to hoping we do eventually, though!

Scottie ^^
    • Well, I will be at Gencon and certainly interested in getting together to play with what free time I have.
      I am signed up for one Shard game, so praise to that I will get a little tasted in while at gencon, but happier for an even bigger helping.

Also I have two or three others that I will be meeting up with who have not even seen Shard, that I can perhaps interest in getting together in a game. One of them lives in Indy as well.

What day/times are you thinking about?
    • Well, the weekend is pretty far away, but my work schedule is flexible enough for me to get all 4 days off if I have a personal reason too.

I'm not sure how to sign up for the official demos and stuff, but I'd like to.

And Scott, I didn't necessarily mean a whole room dedicated to Shard, but I know that they have open gaming rooms where groups can get together in a relatively quiet sideroom in order to actually play.

I've never played before, so if I do play with you guys, you'll have to bear with me. I have played stuff like DnD, various white wolf, BESM, D20 modern, Scion and probably a few other. So gaming experience in general isn't a problem.

Would anyone else be interested in coming out here and putting a game together during the weekend of gencon?
    • Heh!!! It was GREAT seeing all the forum folks come on by and visit us at the show... You guys honestly make us feel so warm and welcome!!

By the way,... The Whosyer Gamer folks did such a great job with the scheduled games, we're hoping that we can wrangle them and perhaps several others to run even more game events next year. By doing that, those of you who were hoping to be able to play in a SHARD game or two may be able to have that chance! All of our games this year actually sold completely out! And at the very end, so many folks showed up to play that the awesome Whosyer team decided to run two games at once! Spontaneous gaming!!! Woo hoo!

Anyway, it was a great show, in no small part thanks to great folks like you...

Scottie ^^
    • I wholeheartedly agree they did a great job. Both my brother who played in the Mines game and myself who played in the 2nd game thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Also if I was a bit over the top with teasing you both apologies, but thats just how I roll. :)

I look forward to starting my own Shard game up in October, once I finish up my other campaign...and await with baited breath the next supplement. If it will be after January, 2011, than I'll probably brush my teeth, otherwise consider my breath baited.

Great to meet ya both,

Robert Rosenthal (me)
    • Hello, first time post, and compliments...

Hey gang, first time poster here. :)

Met Scott and Aaron on Sunday afternoon, wish I'd had more time to rub elbows earlier in the con but I was demoing 24 hours of events for Exile Game Studios.

Shard is a terrific game and the book is a work of art. Must compliment Scott & Aaron for the GM's screen. Many other companies marred the beauty of their screens with UPC codes and other unattractive gook but the Shard screen was wrapped in a separate piece of paper with all the advertising and trade-dress. Huzzah!

Still combing the book and cobbling together a scenario in anticipation for my first local Shard demo in the Champaign-Urbana IL area the first Saturday of September. More details to follow...

Thanks to Scott & Aaron for all the hard work that went into Shard as well as their support and generosity.

Warmest regards,

>>ReaperWolf
    • Gen Con 2010~!

Oh my god! I realized how much I miss Gen Con every year! This year seemed to be so much fun! Don't get me wrong, last year was awesome! Got to see Vic Mignogna and met Aaron and Scott! This year I dressed up for three days so that made a BIG difference last year! It was so nice to see you guys again! I'm sure you two missed one of your favorite stalkers! Hahaha. I'm so excited for the Magic and Martial Arts book! I wanted to get the art book too, but by the time I saw it I spent all my money! D:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Poison Dart Woman ().