Shard Interactive PDF Character Sheet & Animal Template (Updated 30.9.2011)

Originally posted by rabbitdude
      Maybe instead on two pages, how about on four pages for those that use 8.5 x 11 to make it legible?

Originally posted by kameetrei
      I concur with rabbitdude. If I wanted to print it out, that would let me do it (since I can't print on 11x17 paper at home). :) Awesome stuff, otherwise!

Personally, I went to a copyshop to print out all my sheets into double-sided A3. If you fold it it's very handy and minimizes paper clutter! Otherwise there should be a printer-setting that allows you to cut this big format into A4!

I'll see what I can do about the size otherwise!

Any other concerns and critique?
      Yep,...I just had a group of players I sent the Character Sheet PDF to notice the same thing about Concealment.... And here I thought I had tested all that thoroughly!!!

A version without that write protection would be AWESOME Sherbie!

How are things going with you, by the way?

Scottie ^^
      Originally posted by Scott JonesYep,...I just had a group of players I sent the Character Sheet PDF to notice the same thing about Concealment.... And here I thought I had tested all that thoroughly!!!

Ditto, I was quite surprised when I figured that out. D:

Originally posted by Scott JonesA version without that write protection would be AWESOME Sherbie!

Not too long ago I had a pretty serious hard drive issue, which resulted in a lot of files getting lost. :<
      The source file for the character sheet suffered just this fate.
      Soon I'll try to reacquire Adobe Acrobat to see if I could just edit this in the finished sheet!

Originally posted by Scott JonesHow are things going with you, by the way?

I'm doing good, and so does my campaign. :D
      Only problem is the occasional dry period where none of us has time to play for weeks (longest timeout was 2 months I think), but it's moving steadily and is getting rather interesting :D

I should take my time and post the going-ons of the campaign and the art-stuffs I made for it! :D
      If you want a safe place for Shard-based source-files to live, I'll gladly host backups of them to make sure you don't suffer that kind of loss again... I know you put a lot of work into that file especially (iteration after iteration), and it totally breaks my heart to hear that it's gone...

I use Adobe Acrobat myself,...and would even be able to handle small changes myself, if necessary.... Are these types of files small enough to send through email? If not,...they could be uploaded to our FTP site...

I'm a big believer in having back-ups, just in case... And these files are valuable, merely because of the amazing efforts you've put into them...

Scottie ^^
      I apologize for not answering earlier! D:

I've got really caught up with a few things, so this matter didn't cross my mind at all. x~x

I'll soon look into finding a working source file to fix the aforementioned error (It's not hard, basically just a checkbox).

Additionally, I will try myself at recreating the character sheet in a few other programs, as the PDF format doesn't come without complications.

I might even try myself at a subtle redesign, more on that in a PM I'm sending your way. :)
      Great job on the Sheet man. I have not gotten to play the game yet, but seeing the character concept on paper gives me confidence in the game. It is time consuming to make characters from what I have seen but the system looks awsome.

Has anyone else noticed that the concealment skill will not allow you to modify the rank value; it seems to be the only one too. Anyone else have this problem?

P.S. You know I think I figured out my issue. It is my own misunderstanding of skill purchasing.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Lorsvek” ().

Originally posted by Lorsvek
      Great job on the Sheet man. I have not gotten to play the game yet, but seeing the character concept on paper gives me confidence in the game. It is time consuming to make characters from what I have seen but the system looks awsome.

Has anyone else noticed that the concealment skill will not allow you to modify the rank value; it seems to be the only one too. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, it is a known issue with the sheet!
      I am trying to fix it as we speak!

P.S. You know I think I figured out my issue. It is my own misunderstanding of skill purchasing.

Don't let it confuse you! :)
      You cannot modify this field because it is set to read-only.

Concealment is a Basic Starting skill.
      Those start of as half of their Linked Characteristic to a max of 3.

Once they are purchased, they assume the exact value of their Linked Characteristic, and purchasing more ranks will give you extra dice on top of that.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me!

Shard Smartsheet 17 Update

Updated to v17:

Sorry for everyone that this took so long (a year! D: )! Even though I lost the source files I could still work out a way to fix it!
      Please tell me if you find any more bugs or have suggestions on how to make it better!

- Fixed Concealment Ranking being Read-Only!

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Sherbie” ().

RE: Shard Smartsheet 17 Update

That's awesome Sherbie!!! Thanks so much!

Hopefully you didn't go crazy trying to recreate it from scratch after all those computer issues you had...

I'll download this and start testing it right away! And I'll let you know if I find anything wacky...

Thanks again!

Scottie ^^

RE: Shard Smartsheet 17 Update

Originally posted by Scott Jones
      That's awesome Sherbie!!! Thanks so much!

Hopefully you didn't go crazy trying to recreate it from scratch after all those computer issues you had...

I'll download this and start testing it right away! And I'll let you know if I find anything wacky...

Thanks again!

Scottie ^^

I'm just sorry that it took so bloody long! :)

Literally, one year has passed since the other version... ´~`
      At least now I'm ready to deal with any problems that may come up immedeatly!

If this version turns out to be without issues, I considered making a completely new one that's a bit more resource efficient and smaller (current file is 6MB mostly due to it's huge background image!),
      maybe with a few experimental alterations! :)
      Originally posted by Ednoria
      I actually noticed one bug, Sherbie -- you've got "Dress Would" instead of "Dress Wound".

Thanks for this awesome piece of programming!

Diane

Oooh, thanks for that, I corrected the mistake!

I also uploaded a version without background image, which seemed to have bloated the file by around 5MB! D:

Without it, the sheet is now 874kB and hogs less resources!
      It still looks a bit rough here and there, but I'll deal with this soon. :)

Smartsheet v17 Character Sheet (Updated 30. September 2011)
      Download v17.1 (5.85 MB)

Smartsheet v17 Character Sheet Lite (Updated 30. September 2011)
      Download v17.1lite (874 kB)

Post was edited 3 times, last by “Sherbie” ().

Hey Sherbie!

I just wanted to mention how useful this sheet has been for me recently, as I've been running several demo-games in preparation for helping several friends of mine prepare to run games of their own at a local hobby and games shop (Dragon's Lair)...

As I play with game balance and Characteristics and such, I often find myself using the auto-calculation aspects of the sheet to play around with different character configurations...

I did want to mention something that my players noticed while creating new characters.... After filling in their Skills and such, and applying all the points necessary to buy them up to the extent they wanted, they discovered that the Martial Arts ranking number doesn't fill itself in within the Combat area, though all the other combat-related skills do...

Was this intentional, or is it something that slipped through the cracks?....

I KNOW this was a heck of a thing to try to put together, and sometimes when new versions of this get made little details can mess up by accident, so I figured I'd ask...

Also, if you ever decide to go back and do any small fixes in the near future, please let me know!!... I have some stuff I'd like to add that I'd LOVE to commission you privately to do!

Anyway, dude,...as always,...you totally rock! There really needs to be some kind of shrine made to you for having gone through the trouble of making what has to be one of the best PDF character sheets ever...

Scottie ^^