Im Ze Noob And I Just Baught This Game At Gen Con So I Want To Learn How To Play Help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Im Ze Noob And I Just Baught This Game At Gen Con So I Want To Learn How To Play Help

i went to gen con and i got this game.it is my first rpg game and i need help.i even got the creator and artist to sign it:Dthis game looks awsome
      I am a rpg game noob help me please this game looks so awsome i want to learn how to play!also.....RAWR MIKE WAS HERE!!
    • RE: Im Ze Noob And I Just Baught This Game At Gen Con So I Want To Learn How To Play Help

Hey Mike!

Glad you decided to pick up the game, it really is awesome. :)

As for your request for help, I'm not sure where to start!

Make sure to read through the Basic Compendium a little to get familiar with the game's setting (backstory, culture, etc) mechanics and so on!

If you have questions, search the forums, some of them might have already been answered! Else you can surely post them in here!
    • RE: Im Ze Noob And I Just Baught This Game At Gen Con So I Want To Learn How To Play Help

Originally posted by MikeTrystorm
      i went to gen con and i got this game.it is my first rpg game and i need help.i even got the creator and artist to sign it:Dthis game looks awsome

We're so glad you like the looks of our game!

It sounds like you'd really benifit from getting a general understanding of RPGs and how they essentialy work... There are a lot of online resources that explain what average role-playing games are basically like... Check 'em out by looking up role playing games in Google! They'll talk about this type of game in general in ways that we'd never be able to cover in just our book alone... In fact, check out this link (darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/whatis/tabletop.html) and it'll give you a great explanation along with some examples about what playing a table-top paper role playing game (like ours) is all about!

Once you have the general idea,...then start digging into the details of our game using the Basic Compendium you bought...

As far as beginning to understand our game specifically, other than starting from the beginning of the book (Chapter I), and reading the basic fictional background snippets and the history of our world (as suggested by Sherbie), the absolute best thing to do is become familiar with how the rules of our game work...

Go to page 30 of the Basic Compendium and read through the Basics chapter from beginning to end... This chapter gives you all the basic rules for the game, and has many different in-game examples that help you to understand how the rules work for our RPG...

After that, it's time to read about how characters are created in the third chapter (starting on page 44)... That's a huge chapter, but at the end of it (starting on page 207) is a great synopsis of character creation in the form of helping you fill in your character sheet (which is found at the very end of the book itself, or as copies in the Convenience Pack, which you may have seen at Gen Con too)...

The chapters after Character Creation help explain how our combat and magic systems work, followed by further chapters, such as a bestiary of cool creatures...

The most important thing about paper role-playing games like ours, though, is getting together with a group of friends to play it! I remember getting together with my friends the first couple of times long ago, when I first started playing Dungeons and Dragons... It took us a little bit just to learn the rules all together, and we each spent time pouring over the main books' rules in our spare moments... Then we all got together, chose one person as the Game Master (me) and everybody else spent an evening making up their characters and filling out their Character Sheets... We didn't play much during those first few days, and I had to take some time learning the little adventure I decided to run for them, but in the end we all had a blast!

For good ideas about simple little adventures that you could enjoy, check out either our Welcome Booklet (it has a little adventure in the back, ready to play, as long as you have a group of people and a Game Master), or the other downloadable mini-adventures found in the Free Downloads section here on the Forums...

Hopefully all this helps you a bit...

Please let us know if you have more questions!

Scottie ^^

Originally posted by MikeTrystorm

Well I can help you out some. Step 1. Find friends who want to play. Failing this find friends sober enough to play but drunk/dumb enough to not notice you locking them in, and tricking them into broadening their horizons.
      Step 2: Download the welcome packet, and get a games master (or you) to run that adventure. It would help if you had someone with experiance running a game running it. Even if they know about as much about the rules as you do an experianced GM can go loosey goosey with the rules until he get's a feel for them and just work with the true worth of the welcome packet adventure. The story!
      Step 3: Have fun. This is important have fun bring the others into the fun. Draw them into the world, make them excitied to play.
      Step 4: After 4-5 hours Call it a night and get some sleep. What you have a life no reason to go too late. Make sure everyone gets some sleep before their next shift at work.
      Step 5: Bring them back next week. Make sure that you express how open this is to continueing the adventure of their heros every week.

Congratulations you have just formed an RPG group. Follow these 5 steps to greater glory. Now go my pupil and enlist others into the hobby.
      (ps While not being mean I hope that this post was both Educational, and Satiricaly funny. Take from it what you may. Learn from it what you will.)
      If it comes down to the rules or the story; sorry but the rule book just became a paper-weight.