Hiya and glad tidings!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hiya and glad tidings!!

<<cross posted from Gen Con 2010...>>

Hey gang, first time poster here.

Met Scott and Aaron on Sunday afternoon, wish I'd had more time to rub elbows earlier in the con but I was demoing 24 hours of events for Exile Game Studios.

Shard is a terrific game and the book is a work of art. Must compliment Scott & Aaron for the GM's screen. Many other companies marred the beauty of their screens with UPC codes and other unattractive gook but the Shard screen was wrapped in a separate piece of paper with all the advertising and trade-dress. Huzzah!

Still combing the book and cobbling together a scenario in anticipation for my first local Shard demo in the Champaign-Urbana IL area the first Saturday of September. More details to follow...

Thanks to Scott & Aaron for all the hard work that went into Shard as well as their support and generosity.

Warmest regards,

>>ReaperWolf

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReaperWolf ().

• RE: Hiya and glad tidings!!

Welcome, ReaperWolf!

I'm sure it was a pleasure meeting you at GenCon (could you give me a hint as to who you were?). ;)

Thank you so much for your kind words and for giving Shard a try. Please tell us how your Shard game goes. We love to hear Shard stories from other folks.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the GM screen. The piece of art on the back of it is on of my favorites.

Hope to see you around.

-Aaron

I swung by on Sunday.

Tall, ogerish looking fellow who spoke with Scott at length about joining the Shard demo program. I was the one who came up with the name: Shard Emissary which you wanted to put on buttons for next years Gen Con attendees.

I was looking for a game that hit on the same triggers as Tekumel, Skyrealms of Jorune, and Talislanta and both you and Scott assured me Shard was an ideal fit. Thus far I have not been disappointed.

I've written Scott but not received a response yet. No doubt he's still busy getting caught up with life and recovering from the Indy ordeal.

I'm slated to run my first Shard demo the first Saturday of September from 1-5 PM at Armored Gopher Games. I expect to seat 6 players, providing all pregens, miniatures, rules, and dice necessary. Afterwards I'll gather player feedback in regards to the setting, system, and scenario as well as overall fun factor. I'll also provide all the contact info for the players as well as the owner of the store who may also provide feedback which I'll pass along. Expect additional Shard demos every 4-6 weeks and next year at Gen Con I can run a demo or two, possibly more depending upon my schedule.

>>ReaperWolf

Hey there ReaperWolf!

I totally remember,...and I absolutely got your message, but have been so overwhelmed with guests and other duties after having gotten back (including jumping right back into a contract job the following day upon my return) that I hadn't had the chance to sit down and answer various messages... Please forgive me!

The moment I have the chance, I'll formulate a better response than this, and we'll start talking about the stuff you may be doing as far as demos go in the near future...

Needless to say, Aaron and I are both really excited that you're enjoying the game, and we really look forward to hearing about the effects of any demos you run and the further excitement for SHARD it may build in the gaming community!

Scottie ^^
    • No worries fellas!

I just didn't want you to think I'd abandoned the cause only a week after Gen Con 2010. :)

The scenario is still rough but it is percolating. I expect to spend most of Sunday working on it because I've got my D&D 3.x Mystara game tonight.

When done it should be a few hours of entertainment highlighting all that is cool in the system and setting.

One interesting idea that came out of a conversation with Mrs. ReaperWolf concerns the Shard booth at Gen Con 2011. Wouldn't it be a gas to have face painting artists on hand to Zoic-fy con goers into their favorite animals? Tack on a Shard Studios logo and you'd have a couple hundred living bill-boards wandering the exhibitors' hall. Free advertising!!

>>ReaperWolf
    • Welcome aboard RW,
      Glad to have some new faces around, and your excitement is contagious. If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask!
      I am hoping to attend GenCon next year and look forward to meeting some of you there. School has me pretty much broke this year so I couldn't make it. With any luck we will be pimping some new source books as well (hint, hint).
      I am from Chicago, originally, and there is really a pretty strong Illinois presence in this community.
      Anyway, welcome,
      ToG

"Violence may not be the best option..... but it's still an option!"