Back Room Chat Room Thursday Nights

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Back Room Chat Room Thursday Nights

Just like when you'd hang out with the store manager and whoever is in the store, as part of my "Friendly Local Gaming Store (Online)" idea I've started offering an old school chat room for gamers to assemble in. They are every Thursday from 9-10pm Eastern (8-9 Central, 7-8 Mountain, 6-7 Pacific, etc.). To join us, go to my website (link in sig line) and register for an account. Then login, and THEN click on the CHAT tab. If you try to go straight to the Back Room, you'll be called "guest###" until you delete the cookies and start all over again. So, fair warning there. :)

I do have plans to ask our SHARD leaders to guest host the Back Room (Aaron, Scott? PM me), but this week we have a pretty cool guest host.

I'll be a guest at the SCARAB Gaming Convention in Columbia, SC, Jan. 14-16 in 2011, so I've invited the leadership to guest host this week. If you're thinking about going to this con, stop by and see why you should (and run a SHARD game, of course. :) ). But even if the con doesn't appeal to you, perhaps an innovative gaming business idea would? See, they contract themselves out to run any aspect of a con, from tables and GMs to food. At MACE in November they did a fantastic job organizing just the board gaming. I've never heard so many people ravde about how easy it was to jump in on a board game! Obviously, this practice works best local. Maybe you could do this where you live!

So I hope you'll stop by the Back Room, and let me know you heard about it here at the SHARD forums! I'll post other guest hosts as I get them in. (Scott? Aaron? Whatcha doing Thursday? :) )
      -Muse (aka Jodi Black)

Use coupon code "ILoveBrains" to get 10% off your order on your favorite SHARD products! Check to see what convention I'll be at next!
      beautifulbrainsbooksandgames.com
    • Oh, Sherbie, I'm so sorry we lost you. The software is free, and it can be buggy at times.

Next time that happens, try closing the browser and reopening it again. Or sometimes just a refresh fixes it. Or, to be truly mind-bending, sometimes posting something fixes it. For example, if you see the text box to enter something, but nothing above it showing what's going on, and maybe some error message below it, just ignore all that and try "Hello!" (plus pressing Enter). Weird, but it works sometimes.

If you have that problem again, email me at jodi@beautifulbrainsbooksandgames.com
      -Muse (aka Jodi Black)

Use coupon code "ILoveBrains" to get 10% off your order on your favorite SHARD products! Check to see what convention I'll be at next!
    • Sorry I've been neglecting you guys... here's what we've got in the Back Room coming up.

This week (1-13) it's Con Promo time again! The Back Room will be hosted by ConNooga Gaming Director Shane and Con Chairman Todd.

ConNooga is Feb. 18-20, 2011 in Chattanooga, TN. Here's their link:
      www.connooga.com

Next week (1-20) we'll be discussing what happened at SCARAB (the con we're going to this weekend in Columbia, SC).

Hope you can join us!
      -Muse (aka Jodi Black)

• This week (1-27) we have Eloy Lasanta of Third Eye Games hosting the Back Room! Eloy is a Savage Worlds licensee and creator of the Apocalypse Prevention Incorporated and Wu Xing: the Ninja Crusade settings.

And I'm doing that Free Shipping thing on all orders including a Third Eye Games purchase until Jan 31st, 2011. Don't forget that 10% discount code!

You know, I just realized the SHARD book is the second-heaviest in my collection, next to Pathfinder stuff. I hate to offer Free Shipping on such a heavy book, but if you combine it with a Wu Xing then I'll have no choice but to honor it, won't I? :)
      -Muse (aka Jodi Black)