Gen Con Indy 2011... who's going?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Though we have a decent base of folks here on our little community forums, it looks like there aren't enough to actually net a few who are attending Gen Con this year and would be willing to run a game or two...

Alas,...Aaron and I aren't going to be able to attend the show this year ourselves, due to time and money constraints, but are hoping to at least use that time to get the second book done...

For those of you who are attending, such as ReaperWolf here,....have a great time and spread the word of Shard as best you can! Our Publisher Studio 2 will have a booth there, and will have our stuff on the shelves for those with an interest to buy at the show... So if there's anyone you know who's been interested, send them their way!

Taks care!

Scottie ^^
    • Originally posted by Scott Jones
      Alas,...Aaron and I aren't going to be able to attend the show this year ourselves, due to time and money constraints, but are hoping to at least use that time to get the second book done...

I presume that this means you will also not be able to attend Origins.

Also, from your comment about using the time you are are not attending GenGon this year to get the book done, does that mean you no longer expect it to be done by GenCon?

Thanks.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Whill ().

• Unfortunately,...that's exactly what it means... We're behind on several fronts; final edits, art, layout, and indexing...

Very soon my current contract job of over a year will come to an end, and I should have three months of "free" time to focus on SHARD exclusively (while also not getting paid, unfortunately)..... But at least it will let me get caught back up to an extent...

I'm truly sad to have to miss the conventions, but without new product to show for the time being, I'd feel awkward getting a booth (not to mention the expense involved)...

I'm so sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping to visit with us....

Scottie ^^
    • Thanks for your reply. I didn't want to come off sounding like a demanding fan. I understand that you guys have day jobs and Shard is more of a side project or labor of love. I'm sorry to hear you won't get paid for 3 months, but at least you will have an opportunity to work on Shard.

Perhaps the next release will be available before the end of this year? I'm sure it will be worth the wait whenever it does come out.
    • Ha, I really need to check these boards more often. I actually ran two games at the Hyatt on the open tables (aka non ticketed :3) on my own when I found that shard wasn't there. I can happily say I convinced at least 8 People that shard is awesome.... and someone else commented that they wanted a platypus... *headdesk*
    • If you're going to be here for 2012, then I will be there and ready to help assist running any of the games. I will most likely be volunteering for True Dungeon and need other things to fill my time and would love to run a Shard game or two.

((ps. remade my account cause I couldn't remember my password or the email for my other one ><... conveniently my name too.... yay new computer!))