Shard in german?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shard in german?

I just want to ask here, if a german translation of Shard is planned. I would like to buy that. Some friends asked also of a german book. Shard fever is spreading in Gemany. ^^'
      Otherwise it will be the english one. Not as easy to understand for me, but it will work.
    • RE: Shard in german?

Heh!!! I would totally LOVE to be able to find a way to get our game translated into German (and, in fact other languages as well!)...

The hard part, really, is arranging it with a reputable company willing to do so, and then willing to handle the printing and publication details necessary...

In the video game industry (from where I come most recently), such goals are called "localization" and are tasks that require quite a large effort to make sure they turn out right for those parts of the game like bits of dialogue and written signs and such seen in the game... So you can imagine that the translation of an entire book and rules system for a paper RPG can be immensely challenging...

We've already looked into it with a French company who had been initially interested in a French translation, but they never seemed to be able to get the process started on their end, so it never went anywhere...

We'll keep asking about the possibility of translated versions, but the expense of publishing is so extreme, even for a single English iteration run (requiring 1000 copies at a time to keep the books reasonably priced), that trying to also create a significant amount of copies in a second or third language may be beyond our resource capabilities,...at least for the time being...

We may eventually go with a "Print on Demand" method of publishing our books in some form or another, which might free us up financially enough to where we'd only have to worry about the cost of translation....

Only time will tell!!!

Thanks so much for inquiring, however... We'll keep folks updated here on the forums if any of this changes,...and in the meantime,... please keep spreading the word of SHARD over in your part of the world!

Scottie ^^
    • Originally posted by RennardFuchs
      Well, maybe it could be possible as a "fandub". Some people like me or Sherbie could try to translate the original books to german. A lot of work but sure it would be fun :D

While I would be positively thrilled to do that (Terralux already brought it up with me once), if one were to create a fan-translation of sorts, you'd have to be sure to rightfully honor the intellectual property of the creators and I'm not entirely sure what that should all entail! :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherbie ().