Forest names...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forest names...

In the forthcoming World Guide will the names of the various forests be provided? Right now when I run games in Tishinia and Tiara my players keep drawing the conclusion that the nearby sclerophyll forest is called Sclerophyll not knowing that's a typeof forest typical of the Mediterranean highlands.

>>ReaperWolf

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReaperWolf ().

• RE: Forest names...

Ha ha haaaa!!! OMG! That's so awesome, that made me laugh out loud!

We may indeed be providing some forest names as well as some river names for the various countries as we describe them in more detail...

Feel free, however, to come up with local names for areas (the ones used by the villagers who live near them, for whatever cool story-telling reasons they'd name it), and just use some of the various great English to Hindi translators to find something cool!

For instance, when looking for a cool name for a forest I thought "the Forest of Whispers"... Looking at my Google Translate, it seems the Hindi word for "whispers" seems to be Phusaphusate (foo-sah-foo-sahtay)... The "Forest of Phusaphusate" is a bit of a mouthful, so perhaps the "Forest of Phusa", or the "Forest of Phusate"....

In the end, however, regardless of whatever rich and alien name you give it, you may end up just wanting to call it the "Forest of Whispers"...

Scottie ^^