Natural Weapory: Crushing Blow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Natural Weapory: Crushing Blow

I noticed this entry when looking at natural weapons for Great Cats (I am sure that other animals have it as well), but I cannot find Crushing Blow defined anywhere. Can anyone shead any light on this? I would like to know what it does and where you found this out (what page in the compendium or what other source).
    • RE: Natural Weapory: Crushing Blow

Large Bears have "crushing blow" listed in their Natural Weaponry skill as well...
      So I suppose it might be related to the fact that these animals have really strong forepaws, which even without the use of claws can deal devastating blows.

Nothing you have to consider rule-wise however, it's mostly flavor!

That's just my guess though! :)
    • RE: Natural Weapory: Crushing Blow

Hello there Lorsvek!

That's a great question! Sorry if there was any confusion...

Any descriptive words seen in parenthesis to the right of the Natural Weaponry Animal Ability in the Animal Templates are merely there to provide "flavor" for the different types of possible attacks that particular Zoic might use when using their Natural Weaponry... We listed them non-capitalized in the hopes that they wouldn't be perceived as specific game terms (i.e. bite, claws, crushing blow,....instead of Bite, Claws, Crushing Blow), but instead as simply words to give more detail and descriptive context to the general Animal Ability called Natural Weaponry...

Sherbie guessed it totally right on this one...

In the case of the big cats (depictions of tiger attacks on humans, for instance, as well as with bears and other such powerful animals with big paws) there have been numerous documented cases where tigers have killed folks merely by swatting them in the head with their huge paws, literally crushing the victim's skull and breaking other bones without the claws even being extended at all...

Grim, I know, but noteworthy enough to mention it as a possible form of attack they might use under the general heading of Natural Weaponry... Kinda shows off their raw strength in a cool way...

Don't worry, there's no need to have any separate descriptions or tables for those listed types of attacks or anything... Any of those things fall under the general roll used to make an attack using Natural Weaponry...

Hopefully that helps!

Scottie ^^