Looking for an online game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Looking for an online game

Hey everyone. For the past three months I've really been trying to find a group in San Antonio. I've gone to some local game shops and my efforts really haven't payed off. I do have Skype and I'm interested in joining an online group. If anyone has any opening I would really be interested in joining. I haven't really used Skype to RP before so I would also like to know how RP using it.
    • RE: Looking for an online game

I wish I could tell you I was ready to play on Furcadia already, but I am still working on things and probably will be for a while because of work and other commitments before I am up and started.

I would like to suggest that you look into Furcadia as an option for playing online though, in case you simply wish to start a game on your own. (You don't need a fancy dream to do it at all, especially if your group simply uses paper or digital document character sheets.) You may find players on Furcadia who are willing to give Shard a try, though I can't guarantee it. They do already play as anthros though, so there is that. I am hoping to find some players there myself when I am ready. So let's hope there are!

Furcadia does allow you to roll dice and even add bonuses to the roll using simple chat commands. roll 2d6 would roll two six sided dice and spit out the result. ROLL 2d6+1 would show both die results as well as the total including the +1 bonus.

Furcadia also allows the dream (player made map) owner and others to emit text to others in the chat box. This appears differently that normal chat in that there is no name associated with the text displayed. It's useful for setting descriptions, NPC dialouges, etc.

There is a large existing role-playing community on Furcadia, so you may just find players ready to jump in and join a game of Shard if asked. If you haven't used Furcadia before and need some pointers, just give me a shout (or whisper on Furc.) I'd be more than willing to help and if I can't do it, I know plenty of others who can. :)

Furcadia Website
      -=Targath=-