Tabletop Forge G+ App

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tabletop Forge G+ App

I just stumbled onto this and I immediately thought, "I have to share this with others on the Shard forums!"

Why?

First, it is pretty freaking cool. (And Free... but even if it was not free, it is still pretty freaking cool!)

Second, one of the guys working on the app is from Saint Paul... so I have to give the guy some Minnesota support and share this.

What is it?

tabletopforge.com/

A new Virtual Tabletop (VTT) app for Google+ Hangouts. It is only in beta, so not all the bells and whistles are there yet. However, there are some pretty cool features already built into the app that would definitely be useful for running a game of Shard on G+ Watch the videos on the site if you don't believe that.

Seriously, you should check it out. I was going to ask if anyone here has tried ScreenMonkey since I just downloaded the lite version to play around with myself. Funny thing is that I immediately found an issue with connecting to the program because of my router.

A G+ app doesn't really have that issue... so I may just have to give this a try.

I still think it looks freaking cool. :P
      -=Targath=-
    • RE: Tabletop Forge G+ App

It does look pretty interesting, thanks for the tip!
      I might try that out some time... though I think I might end up sticking with Maptool.
      It doesn't easily allow for playing with a webcam, but the scripting system is very flexible and thanks to a few scrips I made, takes a lot of work off my shoulders (combat Actions, states, even random names :D)!

If you have problems with hosting sessions because of your router, I'd be happy to show you how you can forward your connection through your router! It's usually quite easy to do! :)