Furcadia Kickstarter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Furcadia Kickstarter

Hey everyone,

Just thought you all might be interested in knowing that Furcadia (The World's Officially Longest Running Social MMO according to Guinness) is currently running a Kickstarter project to bring Furcadia onto the web and hopefully give it a much needed update.

Please do check out their project and goals at:
      kickstarter.com/projects/18108…cadia-the-second-dreaming

Thanks everyone, and as we say on Furcadia... Happy Dreaming!
      -=Targath=-
    • RE: Furcadia Kickstarter

I got a chance to check that out yesterday, and I can safely say that the good folks at Furcadia certainly look like they are preparing to add lots of cool stuff to an already cool experience...

Hopefully this kickstarter goes well for them!

I plan on pitching some love their way in support of their efforts myself!

Scottie ^^
    • Yeah, it seems to be going pretty good so far. I hope it continues to do well for them. :]

On a related note that may be of interest to you and Aaron, I just stumbled onto another project that proves that "Anthro RPGs" can run a successful Kickstarter.

kickstarter.com/projects/2063410154/cairn?ref=category

It apparently met its goal in just a day or so already and is only running a 10 day campaign. That is enough to impress me that anthro gaming is not as unpopular as some gamers try to say it is. (BTW, I looked over their linked Intro material and though it is cute in a Redwall sort of way, it seemed full of editing mistakes and definitely is not as cool as Shard. They limit the playable characters too much IMO.)
      -=Targath=-
    • AH yes! Mike Nystul's "Cairn" project!

Mike's a local Austinite who interviewed Aaron and I several months back for a gaming blog he was interested in... He's been deeply involved in all variety of local gaming aspects for many, many years... Although I haven't personally met the guy, many of the folks I'm friends with gamed with him back in the "heyday" years... And Mike himself has been involved with quite a few of the "history-makers" of games like D&D...

In fact, here's a little trivia tidbit... Mike Nystul is the only guy who has an original-edition D&D spell named after his actual name... Nystul's Magic Aura... Remember that one? Fun, huh?

Anyway,...Mike has his hand in all sorts of recent local gaming event stuff, and he's hoping to revive the idea of Austin's gaming community building back up to our own local gaming convention... Long gone are the days of "Hex-World",...but the gaming community in Austin is still going strong...

Scottie ^^