New Suthra Inspiration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Suthra Inspiration

While browsing videos on Youtube, I stumbled across this one for a small robot that has inspired visions of a crab-like suthra for me. I can totally envision a living creature moving very much like this little robot.

Hexapodal Robot

What do you think? Wouldn't something like this make for a cool suthra?

*Envisions a small glowing pulsating crab type suthra that janah keep as a pet or a large more dangerous one that they find out in the wild.* I would not want that thing rolling up into a ball with me in a set of pinchers trapped inside! Yikes!
      -=Targath=-
    • RE: New Suthra Inspiration

Yeah,....its movement is really organic in most cases, and I could totally see some creature scuttling around in SHARD that way... Perhaps, as you mentioned, like a bio-luminescent soft-shelled crab-thing of some kind...

Later, as the video showed it moving slowly around, I noticed that the top part was slowly rotating... I wonder, is the machine able to continue rotating its top 360 degrees again and again? If so, could it turn those "rotors" fast enough, and at the right angle, to lift off like a helicoptor for a time?

Anyway,...cool stuff!

Thanks for sending it!

Scottie ^^
    • I wonder, is the machine able to continue rotating its top 360 degrees again and again? If so, could it turn those "rotors" fast enough, and at the right angle, to lift off like a helicoptor for a time?

I'm not sure, though I did notice the rotation myself. I also liked how the top opened and closed in one portion of the video. It reminded me of how a jellyfish swims and I could totally see that for a suthra.

I will admit, a helicopter crab sounds cool though. 8) Maybe if one of the little guys got hold of a sky crystal or two and did that, it could lift off into the air. Certainly could be fun to come up with different species of suthra for a similar form. Water/ground dwelling and one that is more common in the air or on sky islands.
      -=Targath=-