Professional Template Fixes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Professional Template Fixes

Based on some input concerning the wording as well as some of the Skills listed in the Professional Templates,..I have repaired all those containing erronious information, such as any that have Brawling as a listed Skill (of which there were many). As noted, Brawling is already a Basic Starting Skill you get for free, so it doesn't need to be on any Template (this was re-checked concerning ALL Basic Starting Skills). In most cases that meant that the Profession became a point cheaper to buy. If you purchased a Profession that listed Brawling as one of its Skills, please give yourself back a point, and make sure your Brawling skill has a starting value of 3 (unless you chose/choose to buy it up further).

The single exception to this is the template for Honor Guard (used in Joe's "Quick and Dirty" guide)... Here I chose not to make it a point cheaper, but to instead allow them to choose any additional Performance Skill. Here's what it looks like (sans proper formatting)

Honor Guard - A sunborn warrior within a House and Line who is assigned an important person that they must protect, serve, and represent in the Spiral Arena. They will generally remain with or near that person most of the time while on duty unless otherwise ordered by their lord, or other superiors. An Honor Guard may also be relieved of guarding a specific individual in order to directly serve the needs and commands of the Master of the Honor Guard or their lord for the purposes of special missions and other House directives, secret or otherwise.
    Social Standing: Mid Range.
    Initial Skills: Choose 1 Performance Skill, Dress Wound, Duel Dancing, Intimidation, Martial Arts, Melee, Missile, Valah, Current History, Customs, Heraldry, Martial Lore.
    Ability Point Cost: 12

In addition to these changes, I also chose to reword (across all the Professional Templates), the whole "Random Skill" thing to the paradigm you see in the example above,..i.e. "Choose 1 Performance Skill" instead of "1 Random Performance Skill".... This was done since there was some confusion about that expressed earlier.

Scottie ^^
  • O.K. for the sake of "cleanup" on the forum, consider this matter resolved by the recently changed Character Creation chapter, available for download on this site.

I shall now lock this Thread, so no more posting on it is possible. If there are further issues concerning this particular item, feel free to start a new Thread.

Scottie ^^