Shard Emissaries Assemble!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shard Emissaries Assemble!

Hey gang!

Scottie and Aaron are crazy busy with their own stuff and the Shard chatter has really died down. I'm sure ya'll still love Shard so let's brainstorm some ways we can spread the gospel.

I'm attending Gen Con 2014 but I'm pretty booked wearing Exile's colors and running HEX events, like 24 hours worth plus whatever I run Friday night.

Anyways I was wondering if there was a month this year we could devote to Shard. Basically tie it into a Dardunahn holiday of some sort and run games at clubs and game stores to promote Shard. If we could get the word out that this was sponsored by the creators this could be a real thing.

Shard is great but it can be a tough sell and because it's not elves & dwarves slaughtering orcs for their loot most gamers walk right by and that's a shame 'cuz Shard offers a lot of stuff western fantasy doesn't. Make no mistake, I love Tolkienesque fantasy but I also crave the exotic: Talislanta, Tekumel, Jorune, and Dardunah.

So who's willing to go out of their way to whip up some interest in Shard?

I've spoken with Scotty and Aaron about creating an official demo group of dedicated Shard Emissaries but those guys are busy and just don't have the time to put everything in place to get the program off the ground. That being said let's just do it. You plan to run a demo for Shard Studios you're in the program. Easy peasy.

Just schedule the game, get the FLGS staffers onboard to advertise it, you do likewise here and anywhere you can get the word out then once it runs provide a recap of what happened. Not much simpler than that.

Rewards? Well, none really although as a Shard Emissary you'll have my love and respect for taking on the challenge.

If anybody has any questions or concerns about how to run demo games, or gamemastering in general, fire away. We're a friendly and knowledgeable bunch here and we live for stories.

May the grace of Devah shine upon your path!

>>ReaperWolf

Shard Emissary

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReaperWolf ().

• RE: Shard Emissaries Assemble!

Hey there ReaperWolf!

Thanks so much for the "call to arms" attempt in the hopes of getting folks interested in running demo-games at hobby shops and game stores...

I had been in the process of training some of my long-time players in the delicate art of GMing, and had gotten them to the point of having created some of their own mini-adventures that could entice a group of four to six players to adventure in Dárdünah for an evening's entertainment...perfect for a night out at a local hobby shop!

Tomorrow I'll be meeting with one of them as we add to my ever-growing collection of MP3s, which I'm putting together in classifications that fit into various role-playing "moments" for my own gaming groups... I love to run my adventures with excellent back-ground music befitting the theme, and the player helping me, my longtime friend Yishai, hopes to use some of that music as inspiration for his own games he'll be running...

Hopefully soon there will be me and several others running some games locally out in the public eye, where it honestly would have benefitted from being run all along...

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, my time has been stretched SUPER thin as of late due to my full-time job working on Shroud of the Avatar at the local computer-gaming company Portalarium, and recent deadlines have meant that I've been working over 40-hour weeks there, which has hampered my desire to sit back down at my own computer when I get back home to work several more hours...

Hopefully, with the coming of the new year, I'll get my "Shard Legs" back under me again, and have a higher degree of progress to show...

Good luck with your own endeavors!

Scottie ^^
    • Yes indeed!

For the longest time I was unavailable through the holidays, dealing with visiting guest group after visiting guest group, and just before and after the holidays I was dealing with major deadlines on the computer game project I am on for the company I'm working for...

I've literally had zero time I was able to spend online handling anything!

Hopefully this year will give me a bit more time to concentrate on Shard stuff...

I had to shut new registrations on the forums down for awhile due to the insane influx of boqus bot accounts which are being generated every single day... I re-opened registration recently to allow some new folks to join,...but unfortunately the bots are at it again...

I had hoped to come back after the holidays and find a real fix for the issue,...but so far no luck... I may have to shut registration down again until I can figure it out...

Please forgive my terrible absence...

Scottie ^^
    • Alright, I'm in...

Reaperwolf, I am moved by your call to action. I will volunteer my time as well to the cause. I've been evangelizing Posthuman Studios' Eclipse Phase game lately and not devoting enough time to raising awareness and love for Dàrdünah.

I do so in the hopes that this will prompt Scott and Aaron to finish the god-damned magic and martial arts book for Christ's sake!

Look, this isn't the place for that post so I am including it elsewhere in this Forum. It's enough here to say that I am going to put on some demos for Shard whenever Scott asks me to. Wherever he tells me to.

Let's do this thing.
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.