Marooned Yatra in the works...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Marooned Yatra in the works...

Greetings fellow travelers!

I'm pleased to announce that my Yatra (voyage or journey) has been accepted by Scott and will see publication sometime soon.

I've already seen the preliminary layout and it looks great! I've submitted a map of the island locale and once it's done the finished adventure will be posted here gratis. I hope to provide additional Yatras in the months to come.

Thanks to Scott and Aaron for their continued support and guidance.

Stay tuned!

>>ReaperWolf
    • The characters had been captured/kidnapped by Shard's equivalent of Captain Nemo -- a janah whose great ambition was to sail across the gap between the shards. After many weeks, he freed them and sent a crew member along with them (all his crew were from the Loruh, sort of equivalent to all of Captain Nemo's crew being from some unknown tribe, and they were fanatically loyal). There were three badger brothers who drew straws to see who would go with them -- the loser stayed with the characters, while the others accompanied the captain on his crazy and most likely (almost certainly) doomed adventure. Storm came up, they crashed on the island, and the adventure took place mostly as you wrote it.

Afterwards, they went up on the mountain to see what the ruins were -- I decided that these had been built by forerunners of the tribe, who had been slaves to other Paksin who were flying types. The flying Paksin had a monastery, and in the depths of the mountains they did strange magical experiments on the native spiders. They were trying to magically stimulate them to grow wings. This was extremely painful to the spiders, who developed intelligence through the repeated exposure to magic. The slaves/servants of the winged Paksin revolted and slew their masters when they discovered what had been going on. The winged spiders retreated into the mountain caves to live. When the characters discovered them, they were at first suspicious, but then tried to speak with them in dreams. They wanted their help -- there were fewer and fewer babies being born. They tried very hard to get the sir'hibas to stay, but in the end, he would not, and there was a bit of a tussle as the characters made their way to daylight.

Then the Klin discovered them and took them to Klinrah, since this was one of the islands they patrolled and they had detected the dream magic.

Ok that was way longer than it should have been... it was a great adventure, and it wouldn't have happened without your inspirational yatra!
    • Travel between the shards is a very very difficult task even for legendary characters. In one of our adventures we were able to journey to the edge of the world and during the trip we were assaulted by fierce storms which steadily increased in power and size. We encountered huge water spouts which stretched into the heavens, lightning bolts of immense size, and whirling wind storms which resisted our magics power to calm. Nearer to the edge we encountered Shard storms of epic size with regularity. This is to say nothing of the huge creatures which make the deepest regions of the seas home. They were monstrosities of proportions that our minds threatened madness due to being presented with a visual glimpse of their strange visages. They possessed gigantic forms and the powers and abilities they commanded were of a scope even with their physical forms. Truly a trip not for the faint of heart.
    • I like the way that you ended the story, leaving it shrouded in mystery. That was very cinematic! Earlier this week we were working on the World Guide which will contain a step by step way to design creatures for your campaign. This will be very helpful in fleshing out the Bestiary and keeping the players from becoming too familiar with all the monsters before you have had the time to feature them in an adventure. This will also provide Game Masters with the key to unlimited variety of special creatures to present as the need arises within the games they choose to run.
      I can say that at the edge of the world where the huge cracks separate the different Shards from one another there emanates a strange power. The might of the elements are not constrained by natural laws at the edges of the world, and their power is fully unleashed. So far none have been able to make it across in the history of our world.
    • Ednoria wrote:

Yes, the last that was seen of Captain Nemo was a vision of him in the Dream, surrounded by flames and with one arm hanging limply at his side. The implication is that he and his crew did not survive -- but I left open the possibility that he COULD have, in case I needed a storyline later. :)

I REALLY love this extra twist you added to the story Ednoria... Cool stuff!

Scottie ^^