Combing TMNT with Shard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combing TMNT with Shard

I mentioned before using the Meta-Game Flux as a crossover device,but then I realized there was a possible more direct approach using the RPG Transdimensional TMNT by Palladium

I have no idea how many of this forum are fans of the TMNT RPG/After the Bomb but these are what got me into role playing in the first place,creating my own Mutant Animals and having my Mutant Characters and have adventures with them was like something I had always wished for...I'd always been doing in my head actually...I had been doing it since I was four years old and I was watching the 80s cartoon walking around making up stories where the TMNT go on adventures with my own Talking Animal Characters, this was the chance to do it with a bunch of people each with their own Mutant Animal Character and the spontaneity glorious victory or crushing defeat determined by the role of dice or one poor choice, really makes things more interesting, because when you're the sole author you have complete control over the course of your fanfiction so of course you know if it will end happily or in tragedy, not saying that's not fun but the chance to role play you can do the same adventure twice but have different outcomes with different characters with different stats, skills and backstories

But I digress the book Transdimensional TMNT
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transdim…nage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles

While not specifically stated (This book was written long before Shard was conceived) The Book is specifically for traveling to other times and OTHER worlds...Which could lead to Mutants from Modern Day Earth coming to Shard and hilarity promptly ensuing

Like say you've gotten some Mutant Animal PCs who are connected to Renet the Timestress and some of them complain about being freaks who have to live in the sewers,that they have to protect Humans who will never accept them (Yes I saw the new TMNT movie why you ask?) and they express a wish to live in a place full of creatures like themselves, Renet being the Ditz she is obliges and takes them to Dárdünah

And you can imagine the inevitable culture clash between Mutants from modern day New York and the very Genteel Zoics (I can only imagine a Mutant PC with a similar personality to Raphael chaffing under the strict etiquette and caste system) I'm thinking about having one group of PCs who are TMNT fans and using this to introduce them to fans of Shard by having the Mutant PCs meeting Zoic PCs

And that's all I can think of for now, do you guys have any thoughts on this idea of combining