Please Tell Me if this Question is too inappropriate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Please Tell Me if this Question is too inappropriate

This is just something I've been thinking about for a while, it is clear that Zoics from the neck down are very...Human, all Females have...Human Baby-Feeding Equipment (I have to imagine suckling is very painful for a Snake, Crocodillian or Bird of Prey) But while we've seen various Zoics with various levels of clothing one bit of anatomy we still have never seen is...What is under a Male Zoic's loincloth?

Females I'm fairly certain are like Humans under the hood simply for the sake of simplicity, but I know for a fact that Male Animals are often vastly different from Male Humans, Karmah could possibly have a 'Sheath' under his loincloth unless his junk perfectly resembles Human Junk if only slightly furrier

I know the standard response could the 'whatever your interpretation is' But I would personally like to know the Creators' own interpretation, exactly how Human do they believe the Male Zoics become
    • Heh! That's a totally reasonable question! After all, that kind of curiosity is completely natural at a very human level.

For the sake of this line of discussion, let me pull a paragraph from the unpublished World Guide (which we'll be working on next, right after we send the Magic and Martial Arts book to the printer)...

"These Zoics, or jánah (“the people”), as the inhabitants would come to call themselves, are all rather human-like in form. They are bipedal and have five fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand (although the fingers could have special adaptations such as sheaths for retractile claws, sucker pads, extra joints, thick hoof-like nails, etc. depending on the features of the animal they are based on). They are plantigrade, meaning that they possess human shaped legs and feet (again, with special adaptations for running, leaping, bounding, digging, etc.) and the general build of the human form. They retain tails and unique or defensive skin coverings (fur, scales, feathers, leathery hides, quills, etc.), unique defenses (such as venom, musk, or camouflage) and they all retain unique head or facial characteristics (tusks, horns, trunks, snouts, etc.). Furthermore, all jánah have primary and secondary sex characteristics similar to humans, thus the sexes are easily differentiated."

What this means, to us, is that these characteristics primarily mimic the more general "human" qualities (for the sake of the apparent cross-species unions that commonly occur), while embracing no more physiological differences than, perhaps, the differences between human hands and the hands of the various Zoics as described above... Of course, we really didn't delve deeply into such things because we don't really see them as details necessary to tell the kinds of stories we desire to tell when presenting our world to the general gaming public (including our publications, our art, and our online postings). However, as with all such details, gamers running their own campaigns can feel free to adapt and change things to their heart's content, if they feel it helps them tell THEIR stories in a more satisfying way...

Hopefully that helps a bit...

Scottie ^^
    • I found both of these responses to be worth the discussion. As for the suckling of babies, I would image that special care would be taken by the mothers and babies alike to ensure that this vital source of nutrition is able to be accessed readily and consistently in order to avoid starvation of the baby in question, perhaps even an instinctual knowledge of how to feed while not damaging the mother, for Paksin they have softer more flexible lips near the corners of the mouth, and regarding the other races, Sarpah and Vajrah the babies would perhaps not have teeth like human infants, with the knowledge that during teething the weaning process would begin...
      Concerning the genitalia of adults I would think like Scott that ( for sake of simplicity ) it would be for the most part human with small changes or possibly remnants of the original state being left to add fictional flavor, in the end this is an area which is best left to the game master to define and describe based upon the particular desires and wants of the players involved in the game...
      Excellent questions!