Spanking and Risque Things

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spanking and Risque Things

So a thought I had while looking up how playing a juvenile Zoic in Shard, is spanking a thing among the Janah? I imagine some species like Armadillos and Porcupines might be harder to spank, but I'm imaging if someone playing a Juvenile Zoic suddenly got a bit bit too outspoken to an adult would simply be spanked for such insolence

And one thing I thought about, Dardunah has brothels is it possible Janah also have BDSM?
    • This is a great question!!! One that I as a play tester have some first hand experience regarding. I love the idea of running a child/juvenile character for several interesting role playing reasons. The reasons I find running a juvenile character so appealing are as follows.... the social drawback of being a child in Dardunah society is complex and bursting with potential for scenes which would normally be ignored in other RPG'S . One of which basically means that even though you may have a greater amount of dice and or skill than an adult character many times it is counter balanced by a lack of life experience resulting in many ignoring your voice or simply over riding it with the social benefits of a higher status level in society. This means that it requires extra finesse to be seen as an equal to an adult character (even one with less skill) , and in the story itself can produce some great scenarios for the overall adventure. Secondly it provides the chance to role play aspects of all of our base personalities which are ignored by adult characters, such as the desire to throw a temper tantrum or act scared or overly curious in situations which an adult adventurer would be composed. Finally it offers a perfect story driven reason why a starting character would be lacking in some of the skills as well as attributes normally possessed by a full grown adult adventurer.

Now to address the question that you asked above, which can be quite complex. In a nut shell I would say Yes, spanking a child for his/her insolence, could be a thing among the Janah the same as spanking could be a thing in our own world. There are some families which would see it as more acceptable and some which would see it as less acceptable, these things would be further influenced by the Caste system. Imagine if you would, the potential problems which could arise from an adult member of the Low Caste, (like a baby sitter or nanny) striking a member ( even a child ) from the High or Holy Caste, by the same token an adult from the same Caste and Family or Line might have the right and indeed duty to correct a child using whatever form of punishment they deemed needed to correct the child's behavior.
      In the game I was playing.... my juvenile character was of the High Caste (Sun Born) while my mentor and acting parent was of the Low Caste, and while it would have been accepted by the rest of the party members as fully within his right to strike me,... my character chose to dodge the blow (in this case a slap for being too sharp tongued in response to an adult) and run away and wisely wait for the situation to calm down before showing my face again... But had I been in a situation which allowed me to be in contact with my birth parent ( a member of the Sun Born Caste ) I might have caused him considerable trouble by reporting his action..... and my parent may have demanded he be punished for his actions... and certainly had I been of the Highest Caste ( of Priest ) he could have suffered for the act of striking me even though I was a child... so to further elaborate on this concept imagine in our society if a low class person whips his child in a public place nothing may be done, but should a person such as Brad Pitt hit his child it may bring more of a stir in the community, the same things apply to the world of SHARD where the high caste members are essentially like the Rich, Powerful and Elite, such things can be done but given the right set of circumstances it could easily result in a loss of honor or face to use too much force to correct a weaker member of your own house.
      These are the things which make the game of SHARD one of my favorite passions. There are exceptions to most social rules and a wise player will know how to use the rules of society to his advantage and garner support or sympathy from those who can sway the situation in his favor...

I hope this helps, and if you have more questions please, feel free to post more. Discussions such as this give me great pleasure to engage in!
      peace
    • Oh I forgot the risque part of your question.... Yes!!! SHARD does indeed have brothels and I could see a person having what ever particular need they might wish fulfilled in such a place by both skilled and talented individuals, who exist to fill a niche concerned with satisfying any and all desires related to pleasure. The culture is one which does not suffer from many of the negative ideas of western society particularly in regards to sexual needs and as such would not have the taboo associated with certain acts springing from conservative western religions and mindsets, but rather would have a more accepting approach to such things, however all things would need to be carefully handled in any religious society which places such importance upon the will of the Devah and the proper etiquette and actions of the followers.
    • griffin wrote:

This is a great question!!! One that I as a play tester have some first hand experience regarding. I love the idea of running a child/juvenile character for several interesting role playing reasons. The reasons I find running a juvenile character so appealing are as follows.... the social drawback of being a child in Dardunah society is complex and bursting with potential for scenes which would normally be ignored in other RPG'S . One of which basically means that even though you may have a greater amount of dice and or skill than an adult character many times it is counter balanced by a lack of life experience resulting in many ignoring your voice or simply over riding it with the social benefits of a higher status level in society. This means that it requires extra finesse to be seen as an equal to an adult character (even one with less skill) , and in the story itself can produce some great scenarios for the overall adventure. Secondly it provides the chance to role play aspects of all of our base personalities which are ignored by adult characters, such as the desire to throw a temper tantrum or act scared or overly curious in situations which an adult adventurer would be composed. Finally it offers a perfect story driven reason why a starting character would be lacking in some of the skills as well as attributes normally possessed by a full grown adult adventurer.

Now to address the question that you asked above, which can be quite complex. In a nut shell I would say Yes, spanking a child for his/her insolence, could be a thing among the Janah the same as spanking could be a thing in our own world. There are some families which would see it as more acceptable and some which would see it as less acceptable, these things would be further influenced by the Caste system. Imagine if you would, the potential problems which could arise from an adult member of the Low Caste, (like a baby sitter or nanny) striking a member ( even a child ) from the High or Holy Caste, by the same token an adult from the same Caste and Family or Line might have the right and indeed duty to correct a child using whatever form of punishment they deemed needed to correct the child's behavior.
      In the game I was playing.... my juvenile character was of the High Caste (Sun Born) while my mentor and acting parent was of the Low Caste, and while it would have been accepted by the rest of the party members as fully within his right to strike me,... my character chose to dodge the blow (in this case a slap for being too sharp tongued in response to an adult) and run away and wisely wait for the situation to calm down before showing my face again... But had I been in a situation which allowed me to be in contact with my birth parent ( a member of the Sun Born Caste ) I might have caused him considerable trouble by reporting his action..... and my parent may have demanded he be punished for his actions... and certainly had I been of the Highest Caste ( of Priest ) he could have suffered for the act of striking me even though I was a child... so to further elaborate on this concept imagine in our society if a low class person whips his child in a public place nothing may be done, but should a person such as Brad Pitt hit his child it may bring more of a stir in the community, the same things apply to the world of SHARD where the high caste members are essentially like the Rich, Powerful and Elite, such things can be done but given the right set of circumstances it could easily result in a loss of honor or face to use too much force to correct a weaker member of your own house.
      These are the things which make the game of SHARD one of my favorite passions. There are exceptions to most social rules and a wise player will know how to use the rules of society to his advantage and garner support or sympathy from those who can sway the situation in his favor...

I hope this helps, and if you have more questions please, feel free to post more. Discussions such as this give me great pleasure to engage in!
      peace

Well-written response, Griffin! That's essentially everything I would have said and more! ^^

In my game, Griffin's child character was the son of a notorious doctor with a monstrous reputation among the lower-caste for "medical experimentation"... The twisted upbringing he received was the source of several interesting Drawbacks that got played out in the game campaign, and indeed affected many primary story elements as the larger story arc played itself out... His character was a young black cat, and his twisted father "mentor" was a feline as well... Later, after a cataclysmic event that left him cared for by some of the very people his father once tortured, further elements of his upbringing further created turmoil and conflict in his life, during a period where his mentor was a Paksin woman with whom he had a /love-hate mother-child relationship... Later, among a group of survivors to which he fled, an elderly porcupine sir'hibas became his mentor (another player character in our campaign), and Griffin's character spent many years growing beyond the player's chosen Drawbacks, buying them back off one at a time as his story began resolving itself within the larger confines of the campaign's tale as a whole....
    • Good questions! and ones I will happily answer, as follows: In the game of SHARD (much as in our own world) there are general rules which apply to most situations and there are exceptions to these rules which tend to happen when some event has placed the participants outside the normal constraints of society. This was a situation very much like that, in that, our group of adventurers were among the last group of survivors following a catastrophic event which effected the entire known world. From this perspective many of the normal rules governing society were cast aside in deference to the more important goals of survival and saving the world. So as not to divulge too much of what actually happened ( which would give spoilers about upcoming events related to prior denizens of the world, which will be released in later books ) I will have to keep the particulars vague. Needless to say, it was one of the special circumstances mentioned above. So to answer your question yes, it was the Porcupine Mentor who would normally have kept his magic secret, but was unable to do so due to the need to train my character ( little Sir'umla the child black panther ) as well as the needs of the group relating to the many challenges we faced, the game dynamic itself along with choices we made as players shaped a new way to interact with each other, a way which in many cases, was at odds with the actual normal reality of the world itself and the entire situation produced moments of cinematic role playing which showed the degrees of what, and to which individuals are capable of adapting if the need is great enough. I close in saying that the game of SHARD is heavily based on the story and creating good fiction with highly cinematic moments which other games overlook, this is what makes it truly unique and unlike so many other games on the market and dare I say the reason I am such a fan of its beauty.
    • Ohhhhh, I get it. I suppose the best answer to that is to use the guidelines we have in our own world as a template to draw inspiration for the game. What I mean by this is as follows: In some areas of our world nudity and sexuality is much more acceptable than in others, while the ideas of taboo are somewhat influenced by social views what each individual enjoys sexually is a personal choice, and as such if the demand is there and the character is willing to pay for the service, I would think BDSM, spankings , edging or any list of other possibly desires , would be available. Keeping in mind that it may be something the character keeps private from general conversations with those preferences who are not so inclined.
    • Teenage Mutant Sarpah wrote:

I have a character from my Non-Shard Anthro Animal fiction, Rory Stag a Heterosexual White Tailed Deer who enjoys being spanked by Beautiful Females...Is White Tailed Deer classified as Deer Large, or the Yet to be released Deer Small? Because if I were to adapt Rory into a Shard Character which would he be?

Ah,...as far as which Template you might use to create a white-tailed deer, either one would suffice, since those two templates overlap in both Height and Weight categories (thus allowing "medium" deer to be created in that overlap range)... Use whichever Template has the Attributes you prefer more, and then add/subtract Attributes from one another (applying proper costs), until it suits your idea of what a white tailed deer would be, and is compliant with the directives of your GM...

As far as something as specific and adult as sexual proclivities go (or the depictions of anything that might be considered too "graphic" or "risqué" for younger audiences), that would be something that you'd handle on a personal and private basis with whatever group you trust and enjoy gaming with... We don't really go into those subjects here on the Forums, or within the game publications (as either conversational topics, rules, or suggestions) merely because we want these products and presentations to safely and comfortably cater to general audiences that can include minors (and sometimes easily-offended adults)...

Scottie ^^
    • On an slightly unrelated note, I think the description of the Character of the Porcupine is what inspired me to make a character at the end of this chapter a Porcupine instead a Cat or Dog I usually make bit-part characters

deviantart.com/mutant-cockatri…y-Space-Pirates-792782333

I kind of feel bad for Porcupines as they are overshadowed by Hedgehogs in internet popularity because Hedgehogs are cuter are available as pets and you know...Sonic