Hropa and his Mate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hropa and his Mate

Hropa, one of the few Devah whose name I can consistently remember how to spell. Hropa seems to be a reasonably prominent Devah as he is mentioned early along with Kramah and Kilarah one of the things I find fascinating about Hropa is his chosen mate is outside his Vajrah type, Hropa is portrayed normally as a Walrus or sometimes by an Otter or Sea Lion, but his mate (Sorry I can't spell it at this moment) Is specifically noted to ALWAYS be a Sarpah and this opens up a whole bunch of questions, we know Vajrah, Paksin and Sarpah can all breed with the racial type, how common are these cross couplings?
    • Good questions!!! In regards to the Devah, we must always keep in mind the fact that , they can assume any form they wish but often have preferred forms they happen to tend towards which represent some aspect of their divinity, and as divinity they are able to do things which would require special circumstances to be duplicated by mortal beings...
      To answer the question you asked regarding Hropa, in the back of the book on page 313 it goes a little further to say specifically,..... " other aquatic animals are common"..... this could mean any number of sarpah such as frogs, water snakes as well as turtles and any other AQUATIC (meaning: living or found in or around water) animal form which is as comfortable in the water as on land. What this means is that he could and would be able to assume a form compatible to his mate for the purposes of reproduction.However it should also be noted that ALL of the animal types in this world are able to be sexual with one another, regardless of the race, however producing offspring with those not of the same jenu would require the use of powerful magic as well as possibly the sanctioning of a priest...
      so these things are not impossible for mortals to accomplish but would be rare and dependent upon the resources and advantages possessed by the individual in question as well as the will of the Devah.

Regarding the fiction for the other Devah, and the roles they play in the eyes of the janah, In certain regions of the world the others have as much if not more influence upon the daily lives of those who live within the area they are worshiped with in... for example among the Paksin nations expect to see and hear much more regarding Kirah the God of the sky, and amongst many Prthivinia can be found to be worshiped anywhere food is produced. Kramah and Kilarah have their place presiding over the important arena of combat and magic, but what good would those things truly be with out the many gifts of luck, the sea, the earth and the sky?

In the upcoming World Guide, there will be much much more for you to consider regarding the ways of the inhabitants of this world , rest assured you will not be disappointed...
    • For the most part, the war between the Devah was a war fought along the lines of those who were willing to stand with Amasurah, and those who reviled her for her treachery... Though it was indeed a war of siblings, many of the different holy treatises vary concerning who was on who's side at any given time during that ancient, legendary conflict... We might try to define this later (perhaps in the "World Guide"), but for now the essential description assumes that it was really a war of Amasúrah and her demonic allies against all the rest of her Devah siblings... Here's the excerpt from the "Basic Compendium":

"Amasúrah found ways to bind these demons and used their essence to grant herself vast powers. She gathered together Sarpah followers who she had seduced with her lies, and taught them how to use this fell craft. They became the first summoner sir’hibasi. Armed with her disciples and her demons, Amasúrah waged a terrible war against the other Devah for control of Dárdünah. Thus began the Thousand Years of Darkness."

The jánah were drawn into this as servants of the Devah, essentially, and though it could be imagined that other "Sarpah" Devah might have joined Amasúrah, including Sianathe, Hropa's mate, that's never really implied by the basic description of the war... The main idea of the war itself is that it caused such an upheaval among the mortal world that the Devah were forbidden to live upon the world any longer, and could only visit for a time through prayers and mortal supplication...
    • Wow!!!! This is a fantastic idea.... We specifically left some of the things vague so that GAME MASTERS would be able to change different things weave specific histories to suit their own campaigns... There will likely be many different stories possible considering that the event was of EPIC proportions, and surely effected all the inhabitants of the world.... I myself have considered running a game which takes place during this time period as it presents such a complete story arc and with truly legendary fiction....

I am sure SCOTT JONES will be able to offer a bit more on this subject... However I will give you what I can for the time being.... I would think a tale which includes the average inhabitants attempting to flee the path of the battle between titanic forces as natural disasters occur and demonic forces are unleashed and mortal Janah find themselves caught in the middle as the forces of Darkness and the forces of Light clash and the fate of the world hangs in the balance... I would likely weave my tale around a whole family unit which flees along with others from a particular region after suffering unspeakable losses before finally allowing them to be aided by a vision from a mysterious manifestation of a lesser avatar of one or more of the forces of light and be given some task to perform which would aid in the ensuing battle to defeat AMASURAH... You could also include perhaps tales of SARPAH armies as they are drawn into the mist of the great battle which became known as the Thousand Years of Darkness... but in order to be able to truly attempt to write this fiction owning the BASIC COMPENDIUM is a must as it lays out the history of this world in a way that I would not be able to do here on this forum due to the sheer magnitude of information which the fiction at the very start of the book does so eloquently.....

I would be happy to help guide you in the development of your story after you have read the history of the world for yourself, because at that point we would have many points of reference to discuss and could decide at what point during the thousand years your short story would take place....

Keep me posted once you obtain the book and we will tackle this idea together! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by griffin ().

• I can see why you might have thought that, however the answer is no. That serpent pictured next to Kramah is in fact Nagamissa. Also known as the Great Mother, or Amasurah in her darker aspects.
      If you were to be able to see the entire picture you would be able to see she is depicted as pregnant with a large belly showing that she is able to give birth to concepts such as wisdom, or darker wisdom which essentially allowed the arts of summoning to become known to the world.
    • Oh yes! We knew there would be a desire for fiction related to the Devah and as such you can expect to find it and oh so much more with in the pages of the World Guide... It will cover things you cannot even imagine... including having a handy table to use to create unique custom creatures for your own campaign... That is what we are currently working on perfecting!
    • Teenage Mutant Sarpah wrote:

True enough, but I distinctly remember that just before the Thousand Years of Darkness it seemed the Devah had become distrustful of each other and each thought he/she should be in charge, so in that instance was Hropa and Sianathe against each other or with each other?

As mates, Hropa and Sianathe were most like allied together during those ancient times, at least according to legends...