Age Manipulation: Can this be done?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Age Manipulation: Can this be done?

So the subject of Age Manipulation either moving backwards and becoming more youthful or moving forward and becoming older this is a Trope which has been played with many a time, I think one Star Trek the Next Generation episode had an Episode where a Women got turned into a child for reasons I'm not quite sure...The episode of Gargoyles where an angry Father over the Death of his Son tried to defeat Death and several characters got either aged to an elderly state or regressed to infancy.

One thought I had about Dardunah Magic was ''Is this possible?" I was imaging a situation in which an adult character is tr transformed back into a child to spy upon some very important children by pretending to be a new playmate, if such a thing is possible in Dardunah Magic I would imagine it would be EXTREMELY difficult
    • I love the idea for a module presented here.... It is whimsical, exciting and captivating all at the same time!

There are many different ways that this would be magically possible using ritual magic from the game of SHARD. Each one presents its own strengths and weaknesses while differing in the level of difficulty as well as the to actually achieve the amazing feat. So I will cover these in no particular order and even cover the Rituals which could be used in an indirect way to accomplish essentially the same thing in spirit.

Here goes...
      • Under the aspect of SUMMONING one could use the following... CALLING A DEMON which would incur a penalty of -3 on the dice rolls could be used to summon a fallen spirit from the pits of Narakah to take the shape of a child and gather information or use its particular powers in other diabolical ways...
      • Also under the title of SUMMONING one could use THE SUMMONS OF EARTH which would also incur a penalty to the dice roll of -3 followed by ORDER AND FORM which would be a penalty of -4 to create an elemental doll perhaps like molded of clay which could be a playmate to the child and spy upon them for the summoner. In this case I imagine a doll which would not speak or move except when alone with the child with no witnesses thus being able to be ignored by adults as a creation of an over active child's imagination such as many children do when creating imaginary friends....
      • Under the aspect of the ENDOWMENT one could use the following.... FABRIC OF ILLUSION at a penalty of -2 which is some what more limiting to create an illusion to cover over themselves thus changing their appearance into that of a child however they would have to be careful to not allow physical contact to occur since that could disrupt the power of the magic....
      • Also under the title of ENDOWMENT one could creatively use WOEFUL MORTAL TITHE or BLESSED LIVING TRAIT at a penalty of -4 or -5 respectively to effectively become a child in all the ways physical... The wording of either of these would need to be specific and the dice roll would need to have a relatively high level of success but they would be the most effective way to become a child....
      • And finally to extend the randomly generated time limit the magic would remain in effect all of the above RITUALS OR DISCIPLINES would likely require an ENDURING ATTRIBUTE be cast at a modifier of -5 potentially numerous times until the desired length is met in minutes, hours, days, weeks or even potentially years if the dice are in your favor...

This is but a taste of the new things which will be revealed to you in the up and coming new Magic and Martial Arts book due to be released soon, which goes into fantastic detail about how each of these mysterious magics works while giving many other specifics with regards to the ways of the arts both magic and martial which exists on the "World of the False Dawn"....

So trust me when I say.... THIS is not something you will want to delay in adding to your collection as it is guaranteed to answer many of your questions and provide you with infinite inspiration for many many many adventures.... Be sure to stay tuned for the release date!
    • The Fabric of Illusion Spell is very similar to a power an OC in one of my Ninja Turtles fanfics has, specifically she can disguise herself as a Human to anyone who doesn't know she's already a Mutant Sheep it's combining her own innate Hypnotic Suggestion power with some sorcery she got from an Anthro Black Mamba from another dimension with this ability she became a powerful business woman and with her funds created a secret Club Med for Mutant Animals

When attempting to seduce a Human (Edward Nygma AKA the Riddler from Batman the Animated Series) She knew she had to get him drunk and add more hypnotic suggestion so he could touch her and not realize she wasn't Human, however...She can't maintain the Illusion while sleeping and Nygma woke to find himself touching an ear that wasn't Human

Cue blood curdling scream

I'm imaging Fabric of Illusion isn't an optimal spell when you're trying to seduce someone, particularly if you were disguised as an entirely different species.

I could imagine

Vajrah Nobleman: Perhaps we could do this again sometime...Maybe you and I could...
      (Touches hand notices something's off)
      Vajrah Nobleman: Scales?! You're not a Vajrah!
      (Illusion fades Cat turns into a Snake)
      Vajrah Nobleman: And you're also not a Lady!
      Snake: Oops

Can Fabric of Illusion also disguise your scent?
    • The Fabric of Illusion can effect the senses of Sight, Hearing and Smell but not touch...
      So with the clever use of the Disguise skill combined with this Magic many more things would be able to be accomplished because in essence a player could use one or the other to increase the effectiveness of the overall disguise, thereby making it much more difficult to detect ( all of this is assuming that the rolls of the dice are in the favor of the player wishing to use the Disguise or Fabric of Illusion )

However keeping in mind that touching an Illusion would cause it to shift and possibly be dispelled, but if there was, for example.... part of a disguise such as.... sleeves and gloves made of fur.... which were then covered by the Illusion there could be modifiers to the dice roll to see if the person being deceived could detect the flaws...also if the caster of the Discipline also used DIVINE INANIMATE QUALITY on the inanimate accessories of the disguise it would then become nearly impossible to detect the alteration, as this Discipline could.... in effect, (depending upon the care used during the wording of the enchantment) causes the changes to become real for all practical purposes and would cover all the senses of including Hearing, Touch, Taste, Smell, and Visual....This is one of the things I love about the overall design of the game of SHARD, the fact that there are many ways to achieve a desired effect and that magic itself is not a thing which can always be quantified or limited to specific effects but are rather governed by a set of general rules which rely heavily on dice rolls to determine the levels of effectiveness which is achieved....
      The same rules could also apply to all the types of RITUALS available in the SHARD world... Ritual Magic is a very mysterious and largely fluid concept which is known to produce effects which are as mighty as they are mysterious and difficult to predict....

This is even more reason why I strongly urge you to do all in your power to get a copy of the new MAGIC AND MARTIAL ARTS GUIDE as soon as it becomes available, as having a copy of it would greatly expand your understanding of how magic functions... Unfortunately I am not sure that it will be available by Christmas as we had originally hoped but will be available from the printer shortly after the new year... If you can make your request to Santa or which ever benevolent entities (parents) who choose to bless your life with rewards, let them know that this is what you would, like and that even if it cannot be under the tree on Christmas Morning the promise that it will be given will be a thing which would make you happy.
      After you finally get it, I know for a fact you will be delighted and there will be even more conversation to be had concerning what is contained within those glorious pages! :saint:
    • While the first scenario was willingly turning oneself into a child, here is the opposite scenario forcibly turning someone else into a child. To borrow any idea from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask suppose someone transformed a Janah into a elementary school age child just before his or her wedding? I can imagine the scenario when a Character wakes up the day of his or her wedding and first thing he or she sees is the bed seems a lot larger than last night and the one's arms and legs look a lot smaller than before...

I can imagine a lot of screaming and cussing emanating from the would -be bride or groom's room