Dardunah Desserts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dardunah Desserts?

So...A while back I brought up Dardunah Cuisine in general...Just a few minutes ago after eating some ice cream to placate my sweet tooth, I started thinking about Desserts and what Janah would have for Desserts.

One thing I did ask on the Dardunah Cuisine Thread I never got an answer for is...For animals like Snakes...Would they be able to chew a super sticky cake like the ones found in Indian Cuisine...It just seems that while most Zoics may have omnivorous digestive systems, the first part of the digestive system...Teeth and Jaws seems it would make eating plant based foods that require chewing rather hard for many Carnviore Based Janah
    • Okay... let us see if we can address these questions for you now...

First of all I would like to apologize for not answering the original question sooner... I will try to be better at responding in the future.

On the world of Dardunah there are many different types of deserts, some of which would be similar to many of the counter parts found upon our own planet, while also boasting a list of other highly specialized items which will be developed specifically for the tastes of certain animal types. This allows all Game Masters the ability to co-create with us and add to the rich flavor of the World of the False Dawn according to the needs and tastes of the games they themselves are hosting.

Back to your question about the snakes being able to chew super sticky deserts like the ones found in Indian Cuisine... The answer is yes they would. The reason being that while they have many characteristics of serpents they also have many characteristics of humans as well, and while it might prove difficult for a snake on our world to deal with sticky deserts due to the relative small size of their mouths and the lack of muscle mass located in the jaw, in the world of Shard the animal people would not suffer as much from this issue. Also it should be noted that in certain areas which host a large number of snake like citizens the recipes for any deserts could and would be altered in what ever manner required to allow it to be a commodity which could be sold for a profit. Understand that merchants and trade caste individuals make their living by providing a service or a product which must continuously be in demand from the populations they inhabit, and as such terms such as "sticky" and "sweet" might vary in definition according to whom you ask and where you might live.

Finally chewing for all animals would be able to be accomplished due to the mixture of human DNA in the Janah, however it is possible that some may prefer to eat special diets depending upon how your Game Master wishes to run your particular campaign. I tend to allow the Disadvantages to determine when and if a character has specific dietary needs which vary from the norm or which could be difficult to maintain, in this way if a character has decided to make it a part of the fictional elements of the character they are also able to gain the additional points associated with the Drawback.
    • The world of Dardunah has many of the same things you would find here on earth specifically including the rare delicacies which are found in other cultures other than western nations. In my own game I like to combine aspects of different fruit and vegetables found upon the planet earth to fill in the gaps when I wish to introduce the players to unique role play scenes.

One way to do this is in your own mind while another way is to keep a list of a variety of fruit, colors and vegetables and combine them. For example in my campaign I might introduce players to a rare and delicious black banana shaped fruit which tastes like a cross between a pear and a pineapple and has bright red seeds with in it similar to a pomegranate. I would further elaborate by saying it hails from the deepest recesses of the jungles in the nation of Rakbar and is found only atop the highest of the giant blue barked trees which have leaves the size of a large janah and are home to a variety of wasp known for the aggressive and territorial nature they possess. In this way I am able to constantly keep my game filled with new and exciting material for my players to encounter during role play. This is just one way to handle the situation however, and other Game Masters may have devised unique methods of their own which work equally well.

I can say that there will be many unique medicinal herbs unique to SHARD presented within the pages of the up and coming WORLD GUIDE along with detailed information of a variety of crystals, drugs, and many other flora and fauna. I look forward to offering a small taste as a teaser closer to the date of the release of the WORLD GUIDE, with the permission of Scott Jones and Andrew Bowman.

So stay tuned and keep coming to the forum.
    • I like to include some specific foods from places I've eaten at when I describe Dárdüni desserts in my campaigns. Some highlights include:

Zauq-E-Shahi - An extremely delicious delicacy from Indian culture on Earth. It is South Indian specifically and is the more well-known Gulab Jamun but served in a deliciously flavored milk instead of the North Indian syrup that you may have encountered it in in restaurants near you.

Rice Kheer - A dish that is a saffron flavored rice pudding. Often very much thin, more like a porridge than a pudding as we think of it here in America. Best served cold. It is very sweet.

Rasamalai - Mild cheese patties served in condensed sweet milk. The 'cheese' is more like flan or cottage cheese than cheddar or mozzarella. The patties soak up the sweet milk and combine to a truly satisfying and wonderful and VERY dessert style flavor.
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.