Announcement Online Character Generator Coming Soon!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Online Character Generator Coming Soon!

Soon I will have the first meeting with a programmer friend of mine to begin the collaborative effort of making an Online Character Generator for the Dardunah System. This is intended to be an online function available to anyone registering their purchase of a Dardunah book or product and joining the Forum (once the true website becomes active closer to the end of this year). It will lead you through, step-by-step, the entire character creation process, prompting you to make all the right decisions, doing all the math in the background, and filling in all the appropriate slots while making guided, context-sensitive choices. This should make the character creation process simple and fun, and provide you a place to store and update the finished character any time you choose, and download it at will for printing! You will even be able to peruse the characters of others, just to see who else is out there, as well as their unique ideas!

Fun Stuff!

Scottie ^^
    • This, my friend, is an EXCELLENT idea! I have used (quite extensively mind you) a similar chargen system for Shadowrun since 1999 or so and it has eased tension from creating a new character big time! Not only is it helpful for making a character, but if given the ability to do so could help in the creation of new archetypes!

I personally use chargen systems for whipping up a quick NPC or 'newbie' friendly character for players to enjoy and, like you said, to allow other players to view and edit my creations.
    • Originally posted by Ninjato
      This, my friend, is an EXCELLENT idea! I have used (quite extensively mind you) a similar chargen system for Shadowrun since 1999 or so and it has eased tension from creating a new character big time! Not only is it helpful for making a character, but if given the ability to do so could help in the creation of new archetypes!

I personally use chargen systems for whipping up a quick NPC or 'newbie' friendly character for players to enjoy and, like you said, to allow other players to view and edit my creations.

I'm glad you like the idea! I'm REALLY hoping I can offer a slightly truncated version of it that can be used exclusively for the rapid generation of NPCs of various different professions and Power Levels. You know,..just a few quick choices made by the GM, then "voila" it pumps out some basic pregenerated thugs, merchants, or assassins (& etc.). THAT would be highly useful!

Scottie ^^
    • RE: Uuhhh...

Heh,..."soon" must now be redefined to include the changes made in the core rules during our crazy year of re-edits we just went through (and the subsequent publishing of the game to hit the shelves this summer)...

However,...once this calms down,...I'm going to get back to calling my programmer friend and see if we can get this puppy back into action...

Scottie ^^