Ninjato!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why I'm here: I've always enjoyed exploring new areas of fantasy. Over the past two or three years, I slowly became bored with the current way games are played out and almost gave up entirely until my wife and her family realized I was a geek at heart. Someone mentioned Scottie taking a different approach to gaming and with just a little bait (Keegan, Kyle, Cristan, and Carla combined to tell me about how amazing the game is) I decided to hop right on board just to see what they were talking about.

Personally, I've always had reservations about playing games based around anthropomorphic (I think that's the correct term) themes. When I finally got to look at what Dardunah had to offer, I realized that it was less about a 'cool idea to play animal people' and more about a very unique way of telling a compelling story in a very unique atmosphere.

For what seems to be the first time in ages, I'm not looking at a book that talks about orcs, elves, and trolls (or Vampires, Werewolves, and Shape Shifters). Instead I'm looking at something that is finally sparking something in my brain to be creative again. I have also (as of like yesterday) begun to get a special tickle in my spine when I think of Dardunah.

Who I am as a Gamer: I am more of a 'On again Off again' type of gamer but only due to the fact that I often can't find the time to play or the people to play it with. Every time I read that or say it, I feel like I'm using that as an excuse. Sadly, as much as I wish it WAS just an excuse, it's true.

I personally enjoy being a GM more than a player. In fact, I actually enjoy watching players interact with each other based off of what I have provided more than anything!

Most of my gaming experience currently revolves around text based gaming (MUSHes, not hack and slash MUDs) like Shadowrun Denver, and Shatterzone: Grimsyn Encounter. The majority of my tabletop playing has been D&D, in its various forms.