ZClip

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Born on the mean streets of Chicago, my mama taught me the basic facts of life...No wait, that was someone else.

Born in Houston, raised in Austin since before I could walk. I was introduced, if you could call it that, to the fantasy genre inadvertently by my mother who being a fan of Peter, Paul, and Mary got me as story album about dragons (including the infamous Puff song) and story albums of fantasy & the macabre narrated by folks like Vincent Price.

The comics I liked in the earliest of my youth were titles like Ghost Rider, Sgt. Rock, Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword of Conan, Beowulf, Spiderman, and a publication called 1984,,, which became 1994 before it was dropped

I discovered SciFi/Fantasy literature in 5th grade starting with Slan (Van Vaught) The Hobbit (Tolkein) and the Conan series (initially by Howard)

I discovered D&D in 6th grade, but never really got to play an sort of real game lasting longer than an hour or two until I was in high school.

I would also mention that I was never really a big fan of d20, I met a friend that ran his games based off a bastardization of I.C.E.'s Armslaw system (d100) which in some ways made more sense, but still lacked the ability to factor in for "aimed shots", however, I was young, the game was still fairly fast paced, and the richest in game history I had ever encountered.

Having met Scott shortly after I was out of high school, I'd had the opportunity to play in a couple of games he ran, and though even more story rich that my "regular" D&D game, Scott tended to run things like CoC or other titles/genres I was not that familiar with, and had little attraction for. But the company was good, and there was a seeming explosion (1986-1994) of new PRG genres hitting the stores,,, why not try to find something new?

Scott invited me to play in a game he was to start running in a world that Aaron created, that wasn't D&D (Elves, Dwarves, Euro-fantasy, Etc.) I THINK back around 92, 93, maybe 94, Called Dárdünah, & I figured, what the hell, and after listening to his description, I created my first character Kadosh, the hunt master for the House of Arhidásah, Line of Inuvkah in the great city of Sadahm. in a short span of time several players fell in and out of the game, but I stuck with it, and we finally shook it all down to those who have become the predominant core players.

Today, what is 2007,, so around 15 years, give or take, I've been playing this game. That's longer than any other game, or even intimate relationship that I have had... I'm not sure if that speaks well of Scott's ability to run a fledgling game with incomplete or even non-existent rules, or just speaks poorly of my ability to have a meaningful relationship without the aid of high impact dice and lead figures.

I believe the things that have kept me interested and enthused about both the game as "an event", and the game as "a sometimes all-consuming vise on Scottie's skull" are the following things;

[list=1] Animals animals animals animals animals everywhere - I have NEVER played a game where you could not only be an animal, but the type of animal you were governed a set of talents and abilities that set you apart from other animals.

Class, boot to head! - I have never played in a system where you could not merely resolve called shots easily, but you could do so cinematically, even receive a bonus if you were inventive with your attack descriptive.

I don't think we're in Greyhawk anymore Toto - Yes, gone are the days of Medieval Europe for me, F a bunch of that S. The earthly cultures and environments that Dárdünah draws on, though somewhat familiar to us Americans, are more or less untapped by current RPGs,.. unless you are just a diehard crystal sucking new-age-hippie-type.

I got skill, I got game. - Though this isn't the first game to utilize a skill system,.. I think this system is the most easily digestible of skill system games available.

Scotty runs a rich game - now I realize this will not be a major selling point when he finally gets this thing published, but it bears mentioning.
      [/list=1]

Well that was longer than I expected,.. anyways, that's my introduction, nice ta meet ya![/list]
      I'd rather kiss Satha Vortoc on his sything death-hole

The post was edited 5 times, last by ZClip ().

• Another Texan! Right on!

Hell yeah! Good to see another resident of the fine state of Texas onboard! Hey, when you get the rules and make a character, post it up on the forum! I am hoping to submit some material for the future product line and why not show some solidarity by weaving in some characters from the very first players of our community?! What Jenu (animal) of Zoic are you considering? Do you favor warriors or mystics? I look forward to seeing your posts after you start playing!
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.