Combat rules presentation revamp!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combat rules presentation revamp!!!

Yayyyy!! It has begun! For awhile now,..since finishing the Character Creation rules rewrite, I have been wanting the level of input attained from Joe's group for that particular section to manifest for the Combat section of Dárdünah’s rules as well. That level of input is crucially necessary to make the types of changes that have helped Character Creation section become more clarified and easy to use, and has even added new rules to that area.

Combat for the game was my next goal... I was worried there for awhile, because I was getting little to no input from groups other than my own,..and they had been playing so long that they, like I, were "used" to the way it was run,..and couldn't really give me the type of feedback that can only come from inexperienced or new players...(i.e., players with someone other than me as their GM...).

Finally there is a shining star of hope,..once again from Joe (creator of the "Quick and Dirty" character stuff that prompted the initial changes for those rules). Like the "quick and dirty" writings,..he has assembled a series of questions, issues, and recommendations for simplifying and clarifying the presentation of Shard's combat system for the world of Dardunah,..and I'm hoping it will be just as effective at getting the ball rolling as it was for the Character Creations stuff...

As soon as it is complete, Joe will be sharing it here, with us, on the playtesters' forum.... And I will be adapting it for the rewrites I will do for the Combat chapter in the Basic Compendium...

Thanks again Joe!!

Scottie ^^