House Books

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• House Books

Paperback, module-style publications that outline and extensively describe an entire house, perhaps even lines, A few for each nation, Dar-Puram, Tishinia, Sustrum, etc. It would name all the primary position holders of the house, Aryah, Master of Assassins, Master of the Honor Guard, Master of the Hunt, Doctor, Crystal Master, Dance Master and so on. Leaving gaps for players to fill if they are to play in that house. It should also have full maps of the land holdings of that house, designating the locations of the mines, crop fields, ports and other inportant holdings of the house. And full maps of the palaces, country homes, military encampments, etc. It should further elaborate on the specifics of the main economic resources of the house, naming the mines, their foremen, speaking of any bandit bands that plague their territories and explaining fully the political rivals of the house, the important Merchant families and samuts lorded over by the House. And to use a cliche..."and More!"

Furthermore, to encourage Dardunah community, I suggest allowing Game Masters among the consumer base to submit more families and lines for each nation, the Shard production company can choose the best from among the submitted to become official cannon for the game world. With their contributors fully namedand given credit. this should inspire brand-loyalty and saves production cost money in designing them ourselves!
      "Daggra" means "Enemy" in Tibetan.
      "Chora" means "Thief" in Sanskrit.
    • RE: House Books

I think that's a fantastic idea. I actually mentioned this over my shoulder to Aaron as we checked a few things at the terminals before heading to our plane to go home from the show.

I'm thinking that this exact type of information (as you have suggested) is just the thing that could round out the Traveler’s Guides for each nation that I've been thinking about for future supplements. A specific section on Houses and Lines of the various nations, along with, not only the economic ties each possess, but also the trade goods the entire nation depends on for its economic system. This, coupled with the other things you mentioned, would be great things for any GM or player to know when adventuring in a particular country.

I'd love to sit with you at some point, when we get back, and talk creative shop with you concerning the best format from which to deliver all this info to the players.

Aaron had a great idea too, that we make, on this forum, a place where gamers of SHARD have the opportunity to share their own additions they may have made to the world to fit within their campaign. There they could list additional Houses and Lines they create, as well as scenario ideas and off-the-cuff creatures and monsters they throw into their world. This is the kind of creative sharing that both Aaron and I really like to support.

Scottie ^^

Just to revive this in the odd chance that you may not be thinking upon it now that we're about to be seeing the starter books on the shelves:

Traveler's Guide with mentioning of some of the more (and less!) predominant houses in each region.

In this Traveler's Guide, possibly add in information for the trader (pirates and smugglers alike!) in us all.

Originally posted by Ninjato
      Just to revive this in the odd chance that you may not be thinking upon it now that we're about to be seeing the starter books on the shelves:

Traveler's Guide with mentioning of some of the more (and less!) predominant houses in each region.

In this Traveler's Guide, possibly add in information for the trader (pirates and smugglers alike!) in us all.

Absolutely!

Aaron and I have already sort of "jumped the gun" in our discussions of what we'd like these Traveller's Guides to be...

We'll be sure to add all sorts of rich detail concerning the numerous valuable resources to be found (and plundered) in each of the countries of the world, as well as a listing of the various agencies (legal AND illegal) that would be responsible for doing so...

"Plunder" = "Fun" in the minds of MANY gamers!

Argh matey!!!

Scottie ^^