Shard Novels

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Shard Novels

Amazingly enough, my business partner Aaron and I were just starting to talk about that possibility in the near future!

We'd absolutely LOVE to see the world of the SHARD RPG brought to life as a novel (or even novels... :D),...and will be brainstorming in earnest about it once we finally get these first items published and on the shelves...

It's good to know that there are others out there interested in that kind of thing too!

Thanks for the input!

Scottie ^^
    • RE: Shard Novels

We are considering both novels and graphic novels in support of the game. In fact, we're working on a series of SHARD statues/maquettes which are inspired by the script for the SHARD graphic novel. We hope to have the first sculpt available for GAMA of this year, but we're not promising anything. :)

But yes, novels are definitely on the radar.
    • I was actually thinking of beginning a novel set in the SHARD universe, having just come from AC 2010 and really liking the look of it as a game and as a world to explore and have fun with. My problem now is that I know next to nothing about the people, places, and things that would inevitably come up in the narrative, such as names, dates, and specifics about customs and rituals of the world and the numerous provinces.

I've got several ideas of my own that use fairly generic plot devices to get going, but I'm wary of starting something only to have it fail soon after because naming conventions were off or something that shouldn't exist suddenly does.

I'd like to learn all I can about the world itself, but I'd also like to get my ideas on paper before they disappear. I suppose my question then is: can I take some extensive creative license with the above conventions? Or would I be infringing on your creative property too much by doing so?
    • Many fans write stories set in their favorite fictional universes, stories that they usually share with their friends. We have no problems with fans doing that sort of thing. Of course this novel would never be able to be sold or distributed to a mass audience because then it would infringe on Shard Studios' copyrights. Only Shard Studios or someone hired by Shard Studios could produce an official (and for profit) novel set on Dardunah or using the concepts presented in the SHARD RPG.

But if you're writing something for pleasure or practice or to show to your close friends, then by all means, feel free to set it in any universe you wish. :)

-Aaron
    • Originally posted by Aaron de Orive
      Of course this novel would never be able to be sold or distributed to a mass audience because then it would infringe on Shard Studios' copyrights.

He could also pay you big time for the copyright <3

Or he opts to closely snake around your property by doing that chinese fake brand thing like:

Shatters
      ...a Tome of Dhárnadur
      Realm of the Apochryphal Aurora

and never leaves the house for the rest of his life cause you wait in front of his doorstep and would strangle him the moment he does. xD

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sherbie ().