who is d0gb0y?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• who is d0gb0y?

d0gb0y is in reality a former marine and lifelong pagan of a shamanic bend, whose alternate identity is tied to a real world past life regression. I found gaming through the white box is 1976 at the age of 10 and never looked back. From the beginning I have always added to or hacked bits and pieces into games. Influences for me are Roger Zelazny - Lords of Light, Amber Chronicles, and Creatures of Light and Darkness. When I am not game mastering I tend to play anti-heroes, characters you can't say are really good but they tend to do good.

I enjoy unique systems (meaning lore) and SHARD is definitely that. A friend of mine had a copy of the Basic Compendium, after a little reading my first thought was "Oh my gods this would be perfect for an alternate take on Zelazny's Lord of Light, my second was frakking awesome the magic system isn't a retread clone, and my third was I need this, like it's a moral imperative.

Got my kids playing within an hour and a half of purchase and download.

Peace,
      -d0gb0y
    • If you liked what you saw in the Basic Compendium wait until you see what we are offering in the Magic and Martial Arts Guide! It takes what we had already offered and multiplies it to the tenth power, by giving detailed information on each of the Magic Rituals and Disciplines adding to it 34 Unique fighting styles complete with histories about how each one came into creation. The styles are separated into 4 different categories related to where they are most likely to be encountered or used. Those categories are Military styles, Arena Styles, Lineal Styles, and Temple Styles. The details are amazing!
      If that were not enough there are an additional 90 Animal Templates and more lore about the world including a small section about blood magic.
      Next Year we will be releasing the World Guide which we are working on finishing even as we speak and THAT my friend is full of all the fiction your heart could desire and so, so much more about the world of the False Dawn. We present detailed information about each country and its history, laws and beliefs, which is sure to paint a complete picture of each nation.
      There is a creature creator section which allows Game Masters to create unique Monsters as they wish using an easy to follow system which will keep your players guessing as they explore remote regions which contains undiscovered mysteries and dangers. Seriously, welcome aboard, buckle up your seat belt and get ready to be transported to a realm unlike anything else on the market.
      As always, if ever you have anything you want to share or questions please feel free to visit us here again and we will be glad to provide answers for you as you enjoy our game.
    • griffin wrote:

If you liked what you saw in the Basic Compendium wait until you see what we are offering in the Magic and Martial Arts Guide! It takes what we had already offered and multiplies it to the tenth power, by giving detailed information on each of the Magic Rituals and Disciplines adding to it 34 Unique fighting styles complete with histories about how each one came into creation. The styles are separated into 4 different categories related to where they are most likely to be encountered or used. Those categories are Military styles, Arena Styles, Lineal Styles, and Temple Styles. ... <truncated/>
      Thank you for the welcome!

When I purchased the Basic Compendium I also obtained the Magic and Martial Arts Guide, which after I make sure I have the system understood I'll be cracking. I honestly am waiting for the World Guide :) Can't wait actually I feel like a kid at christmas (coincidently) the world of Dárdünah has fired my imagination.

I did find the sneak peek chapters of the World Guide, as well as a few introductory adventures. I plan on running one of them, probably the Accursed Well today or maybe tomorrow depending on how chores go ...
    • I think that is totally AWESOME! I would like to say that while those modules are made to be able to be run in a single night, I myself find it easier to use these as a guide line for a much longer adventure by adding extra bits of role play as well as embellishments designed to enrich the game experience even more and flesh it out as much as I wish due to not having time constraints which demand a faster pace of play. The Accursed Well is an adventure which can totally be stretched into a few games if the Game Master desires, by having the Player characters interact with each other more as well as more detailed development of the NPC'S especially the young woman who this adventure is centered around and her relationship with her Honor Guard and those around her.
    • Welcome d0gb0y !!!!

I'm SO glad you discovered our world, and have had the chance to read through and be inspired by the setting itself... Hopefully the 10,000 years of history found in the Basic Compendium has fueled the firs of you inspiration and creativity! Like griffin has mentioned, we are certainly planning on sharing much, much more about the setting in coming publications (especially the World Guide, which we are MADLY working on the beat the stressful deadlines we've given ourselves). Looking through the snippets we've uploaded will help you get an even more voluminous picture of the fabric of the world's fiction...

As he mentioned, if you have ANY questions or thoughts you'd like to express, please don't hesitate to make a post in any of the various areas of the forum that interest you! It's always great to interact with those that love our lore, and want to see more of it! ^^

Scottie ^^