Howdy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New to the forum and just saying high. Long time fan of the game, but finally registering an account.
      If I am an advocate for anything, it is to move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. Walk in someone else’s shoes or at least eat their food. It’s a plus for everybody. ~Anthony Bourdain
    • Howdy there! By the name, I'm guessing you're a fellow Texan. (Or perhaps like to cook Texans?) Regardless, welcome to the forum. We quite appreciate you being a fan and look forward to interacting with you whether its questions about the game system, lore of the game, or other game related concepts. We'd be glad to hear your thoughts relating to Shard.

How did you discover the game? Have you had a chance to play?

Thank you for signing up and saying howdy.
    • Hey there!

Finally we got the issue with you no longer being a "guest" resolved! It's great to see you here!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you access any information or get you on the ground running with your own adventures. As Griffin may have mentioned to you, we already have our first two books on the shelves and ready to use (I seem to recall you mentioning you grabbed the PDFs, so thanks for that!), and we're in the process, even now, of finishing up the content for our enormous World Guide before doing final read-throughs, edits, and layout!

We're pretty excited about that, but you've mentioned you're going to see what dressing our rules-system in European trappings, lore, and flavor feels like, so the World Guide may not be what you need right now. But if you're curious we've been uploading recently drafted stuff here to the forums, so feel free to check it out! We've had folks play with a D&D kind of setting using our rules before (with them using our Animal Template Creator to actually build dwarves, elves, orcs and such) and it seemed to work OK for them, so hopefully you'll find it to your liking as well!

Anyway, have fun with it, and let us know how things go! Stay safe in these troubled times, my friend! :)

Scottie ^^
    • Mulefoot wrote:

Howdy there! By the name, I'm guessing you're a fellow Texan. (Or perhaps like to cook Texans?) Regardless, welcome to the forum. We quite appreciate you being a fan and look forward to interacting with you whether its questions about the game system, lore of the game, or other game related concepts. We'd be glad to hear your thoughts relating to Shard.

How did you discover the game? Have you had a chance to play?

Thank you for signing up and saying howdy.
      Andrew, I've known Scott for a while and have known of the system since the pre Shard days when I originally got the Dardunah books from him. I'm in the Austin area. Recently got the hankerin' for an anthropomorphic game and came back around to see what had changed all these years later.

Scott Jones wrote:

Hey there!

Finally we got the issue with you no longer being a "guest" resolved! It's great to see you here!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you access any information or get you on the ground running with your own adventures. As Griffin may have mentioned to you, we already have our first two books on the shelves and ready to use (I seem to recall you mentioning you grabbed the PDFs, so thanks for that!), and we're in the process, even now, of finishing up the content for our enormous World Guide before doing final read-throughs, edits, and layout!

We're pretty excited about that, but you've mentioned you're going to see what dressing our rules-system in European trappings, lore, and flavor feels like, so the World Guide may not be what you need right now. But if you're curious we've been uploading recently drafted stuff here to the forums, so feel free to check it out! We've had folks play with a D&D kind of setting using our rules before (with them using our Animal Template Creator to actually build dwarves, elves, orcs and such) and it seemed to work OK for them, so hopefully you'll find it to your liking as well!

Anyway, have fun with it, and let us know how things go! Stay safe in these troubled times, my friend! :)

Scottie ^^
      Scott, just reading through the books again at the moment to reacquaint myself and looking around the forums to see what others are doing with the system, I am sure I will have a million questions.
      If I am an advocate for anything, it is to move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. Walk in someone else’s shoes or at least eat their food. It’s a plus for everybody. ~Anthony Bourdain